Jack's Random Tuesday Carry

Anzac Day today, so I thought I'd pick something out of my clasp knife collection. This Ibberson Burma Knife from 1945 came out :thumbsup:

ugjJcP6.jpg
I have one of these. Great looking clasp knives. I’m seeking a Joseph Rodger’s Burma Knife, or a Dawes & Ball, just in case you happens to have one for sale!?

I have one of these. Great looking clasp knives. I’m seeking a Joseph Rodger’s Burma Knife, or a Dawes & Ball...
I don't think I have either, but read the sub-forum rules before you get into trouble :thumbsup: I don't think I've ever seen a Dawes & Ball Burma Knife :thumbsup:

1WWhy7V.jpg

I thought I'd be ahead of Jack this week. I'll bet he won't have a random knife at all today.
Unless he creates a diversion to cover a visit to the hotel kitchen.
You're right Jer! 🤣😁 Thanks for keeping the Boat of Chance afloat my friend 🙂👍

In front of the El Diablo restaurant and Timanfaya gift shop, we were having a 10 minute break, and about to geta science lesson ;) This red earth is more like fine gravel, and the feller is taking a little from an inch or two below the surface...

huwRIsn.jpg

He poured a few 'grains' into everyone's hand, and it was so hot you couldn't hold onto it, but had to drop it, or pass it from hand to hand.

mYoQ9VP.jpg

The youngster got some in the end! :D

ZxE9XrJ.jpg

I put mine in the pocket of my vest, and forgot about it :D Here it is with a couple of small pebbles, and a shell, I left in my shorts pocket on the beach :D

QHVykSx.jpg

In the second trick, a different feller poured some cold water into one of the pipes that went into the ground. It bubbled up immediately, and then on a count of three, shot into the air, as steam, cooling again before it hit the ground :cool:

mtndPMd.jpg

UWMiYz7.jpg

YhpgNxU.jpg

zRidk2m.jpg

ZEtjy9Q.jpg

J3jK2jt.jpg

And for my next trick...Feller number 3 forked some straw into one of the fissures about six feet from the surface, and it quickly burst into flames!

rk7gKdK.jpg

ec65wp8.jpg

D4VKGrZ.jpg

C4voW0s.jpg

Not somewhere you'd want to trip in the dark! :eek:

The situation of the El Diablo restaurant is incredible, and it would have been a perfect place for lunch, but there were other plans, so there was just time for a few folks to spend a penny. There wasn't even time to visit the gift shop, but I did manage to get a couple of hasty snaps inside the restaurant, and of their unique cooking technique, using the heat from beneath the earth...

BCKxyNv.jpg

A9xsoNk.jpg

t4yhTJk.jpg

We boarded the bus again, and were off to continue our tour of Timanfaya :thumbsup:

Edit - Very sorry folks, this should have been posted in the Guardians thread! 😖

Last edited:
Back