JK EDC thread

So I guess it snowed last night :)

DSC03757.JPG

I wish we'd get some snow out here, we had a record high temp for this date at 59!
Gonna get to 60-61 tomorrow they say.:p :rolleyes:

Last edited:
@KYenglish, how do you like that Zancudo? They look great and I've thought about picking one up, but my experience with AUS-8 steel is not great. Doesn't seem to hold an edge for me.

@KYenglish, how do you like that Zancudo? They look great and I've thought about picking one up, but my experience with AUS-8 steel is not great. Doesn't seem to hold an edge for me.

Sorry for the late reply, busy day,

i like it, I don't have any modern folders anymore but had the "want" one day and started looking at them again. For the price I thought it was a great working folder for someone who doesn't always want to have a modern folder on him. It's small enough it's not obnoxious to me yet big enough ti can handle a solid job.

Now the ergonomics are as fine tuned as a spyderco (from what I remember of them) or a BM grip, I get a hot spot after moderate use for a \n extended period of time, (whittling a stick to nothing for example) but nothing terrible.

As far as steel goes, I learned about back when util I realized I still like the standard carbon steel, so I'm probably not someone who needs to worry about it :stupid:

I've had aus8 knives before and never found them terrible, but this is better then any CRKT examples I've had. For an average user (i'm neither invading countries not hacking my way through back country with it) I think it's just good. It has held a good edge and I haven't had to sharpen it, it's not put in constant work, but it's seen reasonable everyday use for a few weeks every couple of months for about a year if you get my drift.

World breaker, no, good reasonable price option that's a little larger then the Kershaw leek, a little less price then the BM grip, yep. If I saw it and the Spyderco tenacious for the same price, i'd decide on looks :victorious:

also, I like Esee, so it's knida cool to have a folder with their name on it, even if it isn't really 'their' folder, I think it's made for them by someone.

Sorry for the late reply, busy day,

i like it, I don't have any modern folders anymore but had the "want" one day and started looking at them again. For the price I thought it was a great working folder for someone who doesn't always want to have a modern folder on him. It's small enough it's not obnoxious to me yet big enough ti can handle a solid job.

Now the ergonomics are as fine tuned as a spyderco (from what I remember of them) or a BM grip, I get a hot spot after moderate use for a \n extended period of time, (whittling a stick to nothing for example) but nothing terrible.

As far as steel goes, I learned about back when util I realized I still like the standard carbon steel, so I'm probably not someone who needs to worry about it :stupid:

I've had aus8 knives before and never found them terrible, but this is better then any CRKT examples I've had. For an average user (i'm neither invading countries not hacking my way through back country with it) I think it's just good. It has held a good edge and I haven't had to sharpen it, it's not put in constant work, but it's seen reasonable everyday use for a few weeks every couple of months for about a year if you get my drift.

World breaker, no, good reasonable price option that's a little larger then the Kershaw leek, a little less price then the BM grip, yep. If I saw it and the Spyderco tenacious for the same price, i'd decide on looks :victorious:

also, I like Esee, so it's knida cool to have a folder with their name on it, even if it isn't really 'their' folder, I think it's made for them by someone.

Thanks for the thoughtful review. That's about what I would expect. Like you, I kinda like the idea of an ESEE folder so I have flirted with the idea of picking one up. Seems like a good knife for the price.

Been a while. Still carrying my JK anniversary EDC every day. I know I haven't posted here in a long time, I've been in AF basic and tech training. Use it everyday. Sheath made by TVPT. (Many thanks to TVPT)
Q3DJwJO.png

Back