JK Handmade Knife of the Week

I remember that became the de facto key for my trunk on my motorcycle when I was over in the mountains in Arkansas and the trunk lock broke...

This was the last version
I bought 2 or 3 of the urban edc sets. Ones been in my pocket since 2015. Added those a space pen and a mini bic to pocket slip that tucks in the back pocket opposite the wallet. I believe I had john make it a few different times for the monthly deal. Back in the days of the great list. Legend had it the scroll ledger was green and red so you felt like it was christmas.

I get the cap lifter, but is the pry tool handy? I would like to hear how this tool has been used. :thumbsup:

Well I will say the JK pry-tool was a much more affordable option than the many ti options that were/are available.

This week's knife is another low-production offering; the Cutlass.

This was a collaboration with @protourist Mack Mack

20230512_123519.jpg

This example is snakewood with brass pins. The wood has darkened up nicely with occasional mineral oil applications.
A very nice carver and a regular choice for hams and roasts as well as turkey chores as the patina will attest.

Last edited:
DSC_8861.JPG

That was a passaround knife called the Iris Knife.
Pretty cool one.
Not sure Stomper made many, but it does show off his grind skills.

Last edited:
Well I will say the JK pry-tool was a much more affordable option than the many ti options that were/are available.

This week's knife is another low-production offering; the Cutlass.

This was a collaboration with @protourist Mack Mack

View attachment 2183225

This example is snakewood with brass pins. The wood has darkened up nicely with occasional mineral oil applications.
A very nice carver and a regular choice for hams and roasts as well as turkey chores as the patina will attest.
I tried to buy one of those a guy had for sale on KF when it was around. I told him I’d take it and he decided not to sell it. Right then. 🙄 That’s one deal I really wish had gone through.

Back