Join the "Save Jim Clifton from HIKV" Society

I think the medical terminology for HIKV-3 is "Status Needakhukurirightnow!itilitis" to avoid the inevitable end...
biggrin.gif

Harry

DocPat:

"Tabooseedokado":grassnut eaters - Yerington

"Kuutsabeedakado":brinefly pupae-eaters - Mono Lake

"Agaidokado":trout eaters = Schurz

"Kooyuweedukaduu":fish eaters - Pyramid Lake

There were twenty-one bands of Northern Paiute in Nevada, all evidently named after the food available in the area. I can see a map in my minds-eye with all the names on it and I can't recall where.

[This message has been edited by Rusty (edited 03-11-2001).]

DocPat's post made me pull out some reference material to "roots and grubs".

Pinenuts and rabbits, deer, porcupine, catfish, buckberry, sunflower seeds, lily bulbs... still finding more.

:
It's kinda interesting about the ndn foods and the many varied foodstuffs from different locals.
I was really surprised when I found out the very old Cherokee wouldn't eat catfish, it had something to do with any fish that didn't have scales, means they didn't eat eels as well.
And then I found out about the Yellow Jacket larvae soup the Cherokee prized.
smile.gif

I can't recall the name of the village just below Jerome Arizona, located on the small river or large creek there, something like To-uzi-goot, and that's a really butchered spelling.
Anyway the archeaologists that have studied the village have determined the ndns there had a more varied and healthful diet than the Europeans of the same time frame.
They achieved this by raiseing a much varied list of plants and then subsidised the fruits of their labors from their irrigated truck farm with the many wild plants and the game animals that were plentiful around the area.
It's not a well known fact that the majority of foodstuffs that we enjoy today came from the Americas, tomatos, potatos, squash, beans, corn or maize as it was known as in a large part of the country or Selu according to the Cherokee, peppers, and a host of others that I haven't put in memory.

And Bro, once again I bow to your superior knowlege of HIKV and its many variations.
Since you are the sole discoverer of HIKV you are the, do I dare say, Expert?
And is there any hope for Tsimi or the rest of us for that matter?
I am really beginning to get worried for all of us and our different stages of HIKV.
Poor Tsimi, poor, poor Tsimi, oh what are we gonna do, what are we gonna do?!?!?!?!??
biggrin.gif

------------------

>>>>---Yvsa-G@WebTV.net---->®

"VEGETARIAN".............
Indin word for lousy hunter.

Just one of the benefits of the forum - it's detours through unanticipated territory of unimagineable type.

Where could you find the wealth of information discussed here ( where else could you get away with it )? Like Uncle says, "what has this got to do with khukuris? everything!"

If you roast pine cones when it's too early and they're still closed, they'll open up and you can get the nuts out anyway. Brine Fly pupae. Yellow Jacket soup. Lily bulbs. Say you're out in the wilds and get lost - with only your trusted 20" sirupati. Now, having read this forum, YOU ARE PREPARED TO SURVIVE in the High Sierras. Don't ask me how to survive in the Everglades or the Okefenokee - near where poor Jim lives - does the acronym S.O.L. mean anything to you?

:
I am with Julia Childs when she says people are too hung up on animal fats. I have to agree with her 110%!!!!
There's nothing like good ol'Lard to make everything taste better.
And good scratch biscuits dragged through a bit of melted Lard before baking makes the Very best tasting ever!!!!!
We didn't used to have to worry about such things when we really had to work hard for a living. And so what if the life span was shorter, the quality of life and food was worth it
IMO!!!!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

MmmmMmm, good ol'Strawberry Shortcake, made the old way and put together in the large dishpan so there would be enough to feed everyone for one meal and have some left over for the kids a 2nd halpin'
later on.
biggrin.gif

My grandma couldn't cook due to her rheumatoid arthritis and being bedridden, but the cooking was Done under her instructions and believe me it had better be carried out to the letter or else.
Grandpa had hot biscuits 3 times a day winter or the hottest summer and it didn't matter how hot the kitchen got. All the meals were eaten in there and enjoyed immensly.
Dayum I MISS those days!!!!
And the nice thing is that I have a wife that would do those same things for me if I could eat that much and asked.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, What was this thread about?LMRRAO.

Perhaps some of that old time cookin'is what Tsimi needs to help control his HIKV-3.?????

------------------

[This message has been edited by Yvsa (edited 03-11-2001).]

Yvsa, don't worry about yourself and HIKV. It's kinda like most prostate cancer. It'll kill you in twenty years, but if you're diagnosed at seventy-five to start with, somethin' else is most likely to get you first.

Bee soup. ( A la Ron Hood)

Suspend a tasty piece of attractive food (like meat) over a can of water. As the bees get full they will drop off into the water and drown. Then boil the water and toss in a bullion cube or an old flavor pack from some top ramen.

I’m waiting for summer to try this one out. Ron shows it in one of his videos.

Yvsa,
"Give" my K's away!! ARE YOU"NUTS"!
Koz,
My faith is restored in "Rational"people! Many members & many,many,lurkers have Emailed me giving support "AGAINST"HIKV claims!They ARE ON MY SIDE!"THEY" ALSO REQUESTED ME TO CONTINUE MY RESEARCH!!Our esteamed Uncle,mailed me a retraction,STATING"he "No Longer believed in HIKV,AND "Offered"TO "SEND ME", A new" Durba or Bura to continue my Research!isn't that nice??
Rus,
YOU MY FRIEND ARE"NUTS"!I now know why you are "COMMITTED"to living in the desert "AWAY"from innocent people like ME!
jim

:
I think I made Tsimi panic!!! NOT a good sign!!!
smile.gif

------------------

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Apothecary:
For a month and a half I have had no khukuris on order, nor have I purchased any.</font>

Ackkkkkk! What are we worrying about Jim for -- it's Harry we should be worrying about! He must have been in a coma for the last month and a half -- why didn't somebody tell us??? We could have sent flowers to the hospital....

Bill, better send Harry a khukuri right away quick! He must be having awful withdrawal symptoms ... hair falling out, purple splotches appearing on his *****, shortness of breath, the whole ... wait, Harry will need more than one khukuri to make up for a month and a half without. Better send him six ... or seven to be on the safe side....

------------------
-Cougar :{)
Use of Weapons

I'll pass for the time being. My bed is feeling a bit lumpy and sharp in places with all the khukuris under it.

wink.gif

Harry

Besides , I have moved on to the next stage of khukuri appreciation....and am more selective about which khuks I will get.
wink.gif

:
Yeah, I can see it all now. Harry's gonna shoot for a YCS Kothimoda with bone handles and inlayed with buffalo horn and an off white fancy wood or a fossil ivory for the Yin Yang Symbols and the center in the diamonds.
And instead of copper and brass in the Sword of Shiva he's gonna have
24K gold and a Pink gold,(On the order of the So Dakota Black Hill's gold).
Probably have a couple of rubies and emeralds on it somewhere as well, perhaps one of those purty carved wood scabbards covered with silver instead of the leather one.
Now wouldn't that fit Harry quite well?
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Or instead of the carved wood scabbard it could be like the regular one only covered with white leather like that real purty one Uncle Bill sold some time ago ( The one that had a Sun, Moon, And Stars Khukuri, I believe it was., went for $175.00 I think, but am too lazy to look it up.
smile.gif
). And instead of covered with silver it could be done up in a half pound of gold with the rubies and emeralds inset.
And it would need an engraved blade or the Sun, Moon, and Stars blade of course.
Heyill Fi'ar that would be pretty on any of the H.I.Line up!!!!
How about it Harry?
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Yvsa (edited 03-12-2001).]

Back