K20 | Picture Gallery

For the past few weeks I have been tinkering with a new lighter weight option, calling it REV3.. (real creative right?)

I wanted something minimalistic but with full retention. Since I hate keeper straps it also had to get out of the way when being used, so I added a pivot system. Also thought it'd be nice for shoulder carry, so I built in pivoting stainless shackles.

Weight as shown is 15 ounces.

Would anyone be interested in doing a preorder? I can get them done before Blade Show in June.

Thanks!

View attachment 2533800

View attachment 2533799
I like it, and depending on price (not a lot, but depending some) and timeline, I'd be in.

Have you considered alternate mount positions for the second D-ring? Like for a saber/rapier-style harness?

Also, I need to say in this thread that the speed and stealth bonus from touching my K20 helped me score on a very limited drop on Tuesday!

For the past few weeks I have been tinkering with a new lighter weight option, calling it REV3.. (real creative right?)

I wanted something minimalistic but with full retention. Since I hate keeper straps it also had to get out of the way when being used, so I added a pivot system. Also thought it'd be nice for shoulder carry, so I built in pivoting stainless shackles.

Would anyone be interested in doing a preorder? I can get them done before Blade Show in June.

Thanks!

View attachment 2533800

View attachment 2533799
Yes depending on price etc I would be interested in a pre-order.

Thanks!

View attachment 2533800

View attachment 2533799
I would be interested Chad (In any color but Blue) depending upon price, upgrades etc

I like it, and depending on price (not a lot, but depending some) and timeline, I'd be in.

Have you considered alternate mount positions for the second D-ring? Like for a saber/rapier-style harness?

Also, I need to say in this thread that the speed and stealth bonus from touching my K20 helped me score on a very limited drop on Tuesday!

The price is going to be around $320 depending on current hardware prices and it will also include a 1" adjustable nylon strap with metal swivel clips I'll make. That said, responding in this thread isn't a commitment to buy one, I'm just gauging if it's worth doing a larger run, if not I will just make them to order for the few who want one. I know there's limited market currently since so few were sold.

The one shown is my prototype, but I don't see a problem with adding another spot or two that the front strap can mount to. If there's a better position for the front strap in general I'm open to hear that too. I just set them wide on this one arbitrarily and because I tend to make things that fit a more rotund physique ;)

I would like to remind folks that the K20 is a legitimate weapon. It is designed to kill people. It is designed to disassemble people. It is not a wood processing tool. It is capable of abuse that would destroy a historical sword, but keep in mind its use as a weapon dictates certain inertia requirements that limit the width of the blade. In a hard impact against a hard object, that blade is going to whip more than a blade designed for cutting wood. It is much more durable than any historical sword due to modern metallurgy and what I believe is the finest steel and heat treat available for this kind of piece that has existed in the history of humanity. But, chop wood with it at your own risk.

I would like to remind folks that the K20 is a legitimate weapon. It is designed to kill people. It is designed to disassemble people. It is not a wood processing tool. It is capable of abuse that would destroy a historical sword, but keep in mind its use as a weapon dictates certain inertia requirements that limit the width of the blade. In a hard impact against a hard object, that blade is going to whip more than a blade designed for cutting wood. It is much more durable than any historical sword due to modern metallurgy and what I believe is the finest steel and heat treat available for this kind of piece that has existed in the history of humanity. But, chop wood with it at your own risk.
You’re like a woman sending mixed signals. First you post a video bending it 90 degrees, cutting 2X4s and hacking on cinderblocks, I’m guessing to show me how tough it is. Then, you post this stuff that pretty much says if you are using it for anything other than beheading non believers you are abusing it. Come on, Natalia, make up your mind, which is it?

You’re like a woman sending mixed signals. First you post a video bending it 90 degrees, cutting 2X4s and hacking on cinderblocks, I’m guessing to show me how tough it is. Then, you post this stuff that pretty much says if you are using it for anything other than beheading non believers you are abusing it. Come on, Natalia, make up your mind, which is it?

Do you remember the old Subaru outback commercials where they showed this four-wheel drive station wagon zooming around the Australian outback with a young Paul Hogan. That was pretty cool. While it's probably literally true that the car can be driven that way. I imagine Fuji heavy industries would appreciate it if people didn't drive it that way on a regular basis, it's actually not really intended for that.

The purpose of the demonstration was to show what the car can do. It's a valid demonstration because I'll bet you a dollar a Toyota Camry could not do that.

I like to demonstrate that our sword is capable of making cuts that would destroy a historical piece.

They are capable. But, are you?

Ben is a very skilled cutter and he can make those cuts very competently. But a knucklehead (such as yourself), might not keep the edge in alignment with the blade during the cut and impart some side loads that cause the blade to whip around the cut.

That could be bad.

This is the mechanism where the competition choppers take bent bevels when run by inexperienced users but folks like Dan and Ben, who are substantially stronger and can hit with substantially more force than you or me, can run even thinner race blades all season without any problems.

The sword is capable of cutting down a tree, no question, even though most historical swords would be destroyed by this kind of use, and we did not resort to obtuse thick chunky geometry to achieve this level of durability, it is built into the metallurgy which is darn near witchcraft. But I don't want to see people taking their Wakizashi to baton their firewood any more than Lamborghini wants to see folks using their Lambo to plow their fields. Unless it is one of the Lamborghinis design to plow fields.

800px-Lamborghinetta_1959.jpg

^ isn't that wild? Lamborghini makes tractors.

We do, in fact, make choppers and field knives that would be a better tool for that kind of use. It's a matter of using the right tool for the job. I resisted the temptation to make the K20 indestructible so that folks who want to use it as an agricultural implement can do so without damaging it. I stayed true to the design and intent of the Wakizashi. So I don't want to encourage people to start using them as a landscaping tool.

Back