KA-BAR Chat thread - Come on in the house

good to know, hope you get excellent performance from it! the more I use aeb-l, the more I like it.

I carried it all weekend on my hike and at work and everywhere else, I showed it to all my fellow knife enthusiasts too; they were most impressed, it feels like a ZT competitor at a fraction of the price.

nice looking blade, king. The more I look at Jarosz's blades, the more I like them. Gotta curb my knife spending for now (self-imposed, a mental battle of the wants vs. needs), but I guess I could ask Santa for one of these.

On another note...really digging the 1246. Does anybody know if Ka-Bar will ever resurrect this beautiful blade? I bet it would be a home run for them if they did.

Kinda funny, if the 1246 was stripped from the get go I might have one now. Never noticed it tell NCSlice showed his . :D

Last edited:
The 1280 is another KA-BAR blade I've been eyeing ;)

Last edited:
it goes into a lull now and then. Those food pics need more kabar steel :thumbsup:

Just a note that anyone looking for a Warthog, large heavy Bowie, or Snakecharmer should check out the link in my sig. Bunch of Beckers too.

Would be terrible if these sold and then I ended up with funds for another KA-BAR folding Hunter and unbroken folding Dozier :)

They already did -they were called the "Next Generation" knives.

The venerable 1219C2/USN MK2 on steroids. Great knives. I have couple of them. For whatever reasons, they didn't sell well and were discontinued. I like them. Great knives.

The D2 Extreme is the Next Gen in D2 and still available.
I believe I saw one of those in, 12c27? On the bay. ? The original next gen i think; I like, the d2 extreme, like, like like. It's pretty dang thick, and got the right treat cause mine hasn't broke and I had to get a dmt diafold to sharpen it

Back