KA-BAR Photo Thread - Post Your Ka-Bar Knife Pictures Here

46wK3ef.jpg

Group shot today. Brought them out to see how they fit in my new sheath.

I bought the Spartan/Kabar recently and got it with the kydex sheath. Sheath fits great but only accommodates the Spartan model.

Was lurking around the Knifemakers forum here and ran across a post from cardman. I ordered the tan sheath and it fits all of my knives like a glove. He and I started talking and I ordered the black one from him for the Spartan.

To say I'm happy with his work does not capture how nice this sheath is.

Pics:
DSC01973.JPGDSC01977.JPGDSC01976.JPG

Looks to be the same vintage as this one from the early 90's.
Note the offset markings, as well as the outstanding handle shape compared to the current ones. :thumbsup:
4kkG8Gwl.jpg

YzVeYXfl.jpg
Good eye! It was given to me by my uncle in the late 90s and it was one that he had in his collection, but never used or carried.

Another difference between mine and the newer models is how much higher the grind is on the newer models than the older ones.

My D2 user with a new sheath I made yesterday. (Don't like the Cordura sheath it came with, too long, and no dedicated belt loop!)
I make these from Mil Spec webbing, the blade liner is 1 inch agricultural poly pipe heated and squished to fit over blade.
It is held in place with velcro like those on the Spec-Ops sheaths.
(The poly is soft, so doesn't roll the edges like kydex does)
A simple fold for the blade to go into, and another for the belt loop.
The pouch, which I've sewn onto the front, is the one the SAK Picknicker came with and looks to be about 90's vintage.
It will fit the 111mm frame nicely, or a Swisstool, just. :thumbsup:
6cSn6wWh.jpg

Last edited:
Back