Kershaw Cryo?

I've been using this thing exclusively since I got it, and keep the orange Skyline in my laptop bag so I'm not without it. Hasn't failed me, and it's still ridiculously sharp. I use it also, quite extensively. Maybe it's perception and expectation, but this implementation of the 8Cr13Mov is quite impressive.

The Cryo being coated does wonders for the 8cr13mov rust resistance. It makes it possible to carry here in NC without worrying about oiling it up every couple of days. Has anybody contacted the US Army about renaming tanks to "Cryos"?

Now, to push the pointless but wonderful fantasy Cryo:
USA Made
Aluminum Handles (Lots of Colors)
Unassisted (Manual) but I can live with assisted ;)
14c28n OR S30V (Stonewashed)
FFG

Just think Field of Dreams.... "If you build it...."

The Leek would be in serious trouble :D

i love it. its just a little small for me. cant wait till the bigger one comes out. the small one is still amazing. and the edge bevel was perfect! slightly stropped it and it was hair poping

It's still stainless steel, though, right? And so it will be more rust resistant than any carbon steel, like 1095 ?

After a 6 month wait, my Cryo came in last week, while I was out of state!
Finally picked it up today.
I agree - this little baby rocks!
First flip was a flop, but subsequent ones with flipper or studs have snapped open smartly.
Easiest-closing assisted opener I've tried.
Solid lockup, no play, well centered, and shaving sharp.
Sure it's a little heavy and a little slick, but I knew the scales were steel when I got it. It isn't really heavy, just dense for its size - and the finish and jimping help with grip.
It's a three-finger handle for me, but the width, thickness, and ergos make it a secure 3 fingers.
As far as I'm concerned, for $32, they hit this one out of the park. It's just what I wanted.

The Cryo being coated does wonders for the 8cr13mov rust resistance. It makes it possible to carry here in NC without worrying about oiling it up every couple of days. Has anybody contacted the US Army about renaming tanks to "Cryos"?

Mine had surf fishing duty this weekend. Didn't dunk it in the ocean, but it got wet. Wanted to wait to clean it just to see. As of about noon it had sign of corrosion still. Unfortunately I misplaced it at work. Hopefully It turns up

Anyone else strip a torx head changing out the pocket clip?

Between this and the Blur, I've never stripped a head on anything before.

Just today I received my Kershaw Torx key-chain and I switched the pocket clip with no problem but I did want to open up the knife and one of the screws stripped. Now the torx that I used is also stripped.

Mine arrived today. I first went to a well known online seller of ... everything ... and they wanted $50. I then went to a knife store, and placed an order for one for about $30, but it was backordered.

I got antsy and three days later I checked the first seller: $32 now! But only ten in stock. I ordered one and cancelled the preorder from the second seller. Two days later I went to the first seller's site to check to see how many they had in stock: $40 now! In the space of less than a week, the first seller went from $50 to $32 to $40.

But I've seen that before with them: their Firefly DVD sets will vary from $19 to $45, depending on when you look. Patience pays big dividends with that seller.

Great knife, fantastic value.

I already butchered two boar and an elk. :p

Last edited:
Does anyone else have grind issues with the grind on their cryo? One side of mine has almost no grind at all, so it's almost blunt from the edge to the rest of the blade.

IMG_01941.jpg

IMG_01931.jpg

The grind on my 0560 is offset too. Its still sharp and ill just even it out as it dulls when i sharpen it if I ever need too lol thing really holds an edge.

I have the Blue Box and find the bits pretty loose, particularly the T6. I bought a nicer Torx set made by Eklind. The bits fit better. It's $20 or so. Good investment. I use it all the time to work on my knives.

I have the Blue Box and find the bits pretty loose, particularly the T6. I bought a nicer Torx set made by Eklind. The bits fit better. It's $20 or so. Good investment. I use it all the time to work on my knives.
thx for the info.

anyone have any ideas how I can loosen up that screw with a stripped head? :)

If you have valve lapping compound you can put that in there and then use the bit, that usually works.

Back