Kizer Aesthetics, a Breath of Fresh Air

I handled one of their knives on the Passaround forum, here. It was the Matt Cucchiara-designed Dorado. Holding it in my hand was an eerie sort of perfection. It's a bit heavy, and the clip is a little weird, but overall, it is a great knife. So much so that I had to go out and buy one.

Maybe they should add some spare parts like reate is doing, since theres no parts here in the states.

Given that they do a great job with handle finishes and such, I'd love to see a ~4" katana-themed flipper where the handle has a rayskin wrap theme milled into the Ti, with the "wrap" anodized blue, purple, or green.

... So, basically, I want them to make a Reate Kwaikenbut cheaper and cooler.

Yep. The flip side is that they make a lot of designs I do like in sizes that work for a lightweight (< 4 oz) folder fan like me. I just take what I like and leave the rest behind. In fact, from what I can tell, there is no other manufacturer that has released as many new lightweight designs this year as Kizer has. I've been having a field day snapping them up (Ki3404A3, Splinter, Gemini . . . the list goes on). :)

This actually grabs my attention. I have a thing for folders that manage to be lightweight, ergonomic and strong (a la PM2, Endura, Code 4, etc.). Anyone know if Kizer's locks are up to par?

The locks seem OK to me. Then again, I use my lightweight knives for lightweight tasks, so I never really put too much stress on their locks. And I'm not a spine whacker either, so I can't give you any help there.

Last edited:
Kizer has lots and lots of models to choose from covering a wide range of tastes. But of course, you can't satisfy all of the people all of the time. Fortunately, we're blessed to have a lot of great manufacturers making a lot of great knives. And the more manufacturers the merrier, I say. To draw a parallel, Baskin-Robbins has 31 flavors. If you're an ice cream lover, odds are there's one or more flavors that will appeal to you. But if you never walk into a Baskin-Robbins, you may never know what you're missing. And if you can't find a flavor you like, there's always Ben & Jerry's. ;)

So far it seems as if folks who try Kizers like them for the most part. I know I do. :thumbup: :)

Last edited:
Kizer has about 100 different models. Perhaps some are discontinued now but Kizer keeps putting out new models including many collaborations at a fast pace!

Personally, I find the great majority of the designs aesthetically undesirable to the point where some are downright gaudy and ugly!

I like the elegant and simple designs like four of the five I have (the skull motif one being the exception).

1. 3404A1
  2. 3404A3
  3. Splinter
  4. Gemini
  5. Intrepid

ce8e8650-843c-440c-be1a-e6d1ebc3603c_zps3h3upssm.jpg

af545fb7-1011-481c-952f-2704b18b1c48_zpsev0teqns.jpg

Incredible, isn't it. How long has Kizer been around to have already released 100 new models? Does any other manufacturer even come close in terms of new product introductions? Makes me think that the way they conduct market surveys is to release new knives and see what sells. :)

I agree that some of their models are a little wonky. But when they get it right, BOY do they get it right! :thumbup:

kizer has many awesome designs for great prices, i just recieved the Kizer Quicksilver yesterday, titanium framelock flipper with s35vn for 125 shipped

[video=youtube;xxvHKUmT_Ug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxvHKUmT_Ug[/video]

Kizer has about 100 different models. Perhaps some are discontinued now but Kizer keeps putting out new models including many collaborations at a fast pace!

Personally, I find the great majority of the designs aesthetically undesirable to the point where some are downright gaudy and ugly!

I like the elegant and simple designs like four of the five I have (the skull motif one being the exception).

1. 3404A1
  2. 3404A3
  3. Splinter
  4. Gemini
  5. Intrepid

ce8e8650-843c-440c-be1a-e6d1ebc3603c_zps3h3upssm.jpg

af545fb7-1011-481c-952f-2704b18b1c48_zpsev0teqns.jpg

I do like those bottom 3.

I received my missing screws yesterday,and they sent me all 4 frame screws,2 standoffs and 2 pocket clip screws.how can you beat that?it was worth the 2 week wait.With a little patience,parts are not a problem to get if need be.

Here's a picture of the new Mistral, which is an in-house design. I think it's absolutely gorgeous, unfortunately this model without the anodizing is an exclusive to an Italian retailer and thus is way too expensive for the American market:

25aqntv.png

Hi Misanthropia,
Glad you like my modified version of the Kizer Mistral (the picture comes from my website). I'm a Kizer dealer from the Netherlands and I do modifications on Kizer knives on a regular basis. So they are not made for us but modified in-house by me. In this case the (too) colorful anodizing was removed and the titanium got a nice bead blasted finish. Prices are higher because of the shipping but at the moment you have the advantage of the Dollar - Euro conversion rate which is definitely in your favor!

Beautiful job of modifying that Mistral, Mesenzo. If your version of the Mistral was available here in the USA, I'd probably buy it. And actually, I'm somewhat surprised that it isn't available here. Usually Kizer releases non-anodized versions of their anodized products. Why they didn't do that with the Mistral is a mystery to me.

Maybe they will be available from Kizer directly in the future as they asked me what I did to achieve the result you see in the photo... time will tell.
Buying from me and shipping to the US would add up to about $160.

Guess I'm late to the Kizer party. I recently found them on Knife Center. I really liked the look of the Shoal but didn't want to plunk down $200 plus on a brand I wasn't familiar with. I did spend $75 on a Ki5414A3. The knife came out of the box razor sharp, no missing hardware, as close to prefect centering as possible, and a bag of two extra frame screws. To me this thing is really nice for the money. I will definitely buy more of their products.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Guess I need to learn how to post pics better. Sorry. Maybe this one will work.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/15/8a15943065e20a7d064565cee74504f4.jpg

[IMG]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/15/9fb82ed6e33fefc06bbcd433b9addc60.jpg

[IMG]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/15/c328849895873ecb5fdd986075ca202b.jpg

[IMG]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/15/95ceadc4deea3dd2628534b093a1c132.jpg

[IMG]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/15/fec52a56915cb520613083dfd5e337f9.jpg

Back