Kizer Feist and the gritty action....

the one on the sales today was mine. sold pretty quickly. i would have traded for your feist + a little $ haha. after owning the smoke and the feist, i like them both enough to own, i will be buying a fesit v2, and i pre ordered the smoke in bronze.

the feist is more my style aesthetically and is a better edc for my needs. i'm getting pretty tired of waiting and may just buy a used one to operate on. if you don't mind i may be hitting you up for advice!

My pleasure! I don't have a membership so no PMs. Just either post any questions about it on my wall or in this thread. Just hit reply to one of my posts so I get an alert.

I might have made that trade....idk the Feist when its working well is so nice. Mine also had the pivot screw backing out abit but locktite seemed to fix it. It is up there with my small 21 and Techno of all tome favourite little knives that are appropriate anywhere, cut way above their weight and are just damn pleasurable to own. Love the blade shape on the Feist.

I have had great enjoyment from my Boker Exskelibur I framelock. This knife is awesome! s35vn blade, full Ti construction and so thin and light it is a dream to carry. Ontop of that it has one of the sliciest blades of any knife I own and is inexpensive. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to try an awesome front flipper. Just make sure you get the I and not the II as the II is not a front flipper.
If you think that knife is good, just wait until you try a boos blades or feist. far far better. i just hate the low quality of the boker's. i know others dont mind it. i have both the original exskelibur carbon fiber liner lock and the carbon fiber frame lock versions. frustrated with the quality i now own a Trevor Burger custom that those were based on. best front flipper i have to date.

My pleasure! I don't have a membership so no PMs. Just either post any questions about it on my wall or in this thread. Just hit reply to one of my posts so I get an alert.

I might have made that trade....idk the Feist when its working well is so nice. Mine also had the pivot screw backing out abit but locktite seemed to fix it. It is up there with my small 21 and Techno of all tome favourite little knives that are appropriate anywhere, cut way above their weight and are just damn pleasurable to own. Love the blade shape on the Feist.
Hey my Feist has the pivot screw issue, I've never done loctite before how much do you apply? Other than that it flips like a dream. If there's one thing the Feist sold me on its Kizer, because if their duds are this good I imagine their hit models are pretty amazing.

Hey my Feist has the pivot screw issue, I've never done loctite before how much do you apply? Other than that it flips like a dream. If there's one thing the Feist sold me on its Kizer, because if their duds are this good I imagine their hit models are pretty amazing.

just get some blue loctite from amazon for a $5. make sure you get BLUE, not that evil red crap

apply a small amount to the screw, and screw back in. watch any nick shabazz disassembly video for examples, but you really don't need to watch a video for it haha

Ok I am no locktite expert but here is what I know for sure. DO NOT USE RED LOCKTITE! My Inkosi came with purple locktite which is the weakest and I only used a tiny ammount of that and it stopped the problem. You could use blue as well but it will be harder to unscrew and thus you will be more likely to strip it.

I recommend purple locktite. Whichever locktite you use, use it sparingly because if the screw still backs out you can always apply a little tiny bit more. This is better than putting too much and then it being a pain to get the screw out later. After applying locktite you have to let it sit for some time to harden.

If you do put too much locktite and now the screw doesn't want to come out DO NOT force it. Instead if you have a soldering iron turn it on and once it is hot touch it to the screw you want to undo for abit so it heats the screw. This will melt the locktite so that way the screw can be backed out. If you don't have a soldering iron do what I do and get creative. Heat up a fork until very hot on the stove and touch a tine to to the screw.

Don't burn yourself......

just got an update from the man himself on insta
  • justinlundquist "@joshyu85 Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it. Yes, I just got confirmation yesterday afternoon that a "corrected sample" has been shipped to me for me to review. I will take a look and the internals and make sure it's correct. If so they will make them available to retailers again."

Hooray! The Feist is such a great little knife. I want it to bring enjoyment to everyone like it did for me.

Don't use much. A dab a drop on paper and dip the end of the screw in it. If you glob it all over it will be hell to get off.

I'd kind of like to know when I could get a hold of one of the corrected versions. Any help would be appreciated.

just got an update from the man himself on insta
  • justinlundquist "@joshyu85 Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it. Yes, I just got confirmation yesterday afternoon that a "corrected sample" has been shipped to me for me to review. I will take a look and the internals and make sure it's correct. If so they will make them available to retailers again."

This is excellent news!!!!

He posted today on IG that he OK'd the revisions to the Feist. Hopefully the new batch rolls out soon.

that's awesome. so is there any way to distinguish the new version other than feel, and what do people who own an older version do to trade in for the corrected version?

He posted today on IG that he OK'd the revisions to the Feist. Hopefully the new batch rolls out soon.

I would think they would want it out by the holidays right? Eagerly awaiting this one. I'm hoping vendors denote the difference somehow (Feist 2 would be easy)

I would think they would want it out by the holidays right? Eagerly awaiting this one. I'm hoping vendors denote the difference somehow (Feist 2 would be easy)
He mentioned on IG to another commenter that they are correcting existing units. This makes sense because I believe the issues were poor machining (they can clean this up) and rattling from the floating stop pin (they can use a correctly sized stop pin). So with corrections made to quality rather than a redesign, I think it will just be Feist.

He mentioned on IG to another commenter that they are correcting existing units. This makes sense because I believe the issues were poor machining (they can clean this up) and rattling from the floating stop pin (they can use a correctly sized stop pin). So with corrections made to quality rather than a redesign, I think it will just be Feist.

Interesting! I'm still a little apprehensive as to how the consumer will know one is purchasing the "corrected" units... but I'm sure vendors will figure this out.

Interesting! I'm still a little apprehensive as to how the consumer will know one is purchasing the "corrected" units... but I'm sure vendors will figure this out.
from the communication that's been made so far, doesn't sound like there is any intention to differentiate the old vs new versions. lundquist mentioned on IG to send it in, so i'm going to attempt to send one in. he also mentioned a vendor who would be getting an order of the new batch in on instagram

Back