Kizer Gemini Quality control issue or design flaw?? possible fixes

I've had the same issues with my Gemini, but j managed to get hold of Kizer and got some spare parts sent to me after a while (and some whining). Now it's ok, but the pivot was not blue and the blade is not quite centered. But it's too late to send back to the dealer so I guess I have to live with it. I'm in Europe so no service center here either.

My intrepid flips like a dream though. But it makes me think twice before buying another Kizer unfortunately.

I'm in Europe so no service center here either.

I don't know where you live in Europe but normally you should have a minimum warranty period of one year. And for that you're dealer should help you out! You should not have to contact Kizer yourself! You're dealer is the person that must (mandatory ay law!) take care of any problem arising within the warranty period. Perhaps he has to send it in to Kizer or get parts and replace them but still he should take care of you!

Glad to hear this Kizer I hope in the future your us claims service will be more reliable if it's the same individual Joyce first directed me to he emailed me and asked me about my issue said he would be in touch and I never herd from him again..? Hopefully y'all are getting everything worked out.. Thanks for your reply

I've had the same issues with my Gemini, but j managed to get hold of Kizer and got some spare parts sent to me after a while (and some whining). Now it's ok, but the pivot was not blue and the blade is not quite centered. But it's too late to send back to the dealer so I guess I have to live with it. I'm in Europe so no service center here either.

My intrepid flips like a dream though. But it makes me think twice before buying another Kizer unfortunately.
At a minimum, I won't buy another Kizer knife until the tone of these posts turns around and I start to hear testimony from customers who received satisfactory service. And Kizer needs to stop asking their customers to violate their warranties and fix their own knives. As long as they continue to do that, they don't have a customer in me.

Last edited:
As an update to this issue, we're working with the factory to start getting inventories to the warranty center on the double so we can start addressing the issues.

Once the supplies are here, we'll do our best to turn this issue around and give everyone something to be proud to have.

I hope to have good news soon to present as we approach the holidays.

Thank you.

Kizer.

At a minimum, I won't buy another Kizer knife until the tone of these posts turns around and I start to hear testimony from customers who received satisfactory service. And Kizer needs to stop asking their customers to violate their warranties and fix their owmy n knives. As long as they continue to do that, they don't have a customer in me.

Agreed. Thus far, I've been lucky with my issue-free Gemini and Intrepid flippers!

Well Kizer has some ground to make up, that's for sure. But it appears that they're doing the right thing now. And Lord knows I want them to be successful. So I'm keen to hear more about the way they intend to handle their warranty issues from now on.

One more thing, Kizer. I love your knives and I'm already proud to own them. I just want the peace of mind of knowing that the company that manufactures them stands behind them. I'm encouraged by everything you've said so far. I'll be even more encouraged when I see it in action.

Last edited:
I have the same exact problem with my Gemini. No one has returned my emails for several weeks now from Kizer. For a company growing in popularity, their customer service sure is lacking. I will not buy another knife from them until they get their act together.

Hi, All:

I'll keep this short as I'll be returning to post more later.

First I apologize for the absence as we are getting used to the growth and trying to not spread ourselves too thin, we will do a better job monitoring the progress of this forum and your posts.

Second I know those with issues do not want to wait at all, and I have some news. We just got our US based warranty center set up. It's in San Bernadino county, CA and the plan is for it to be operational by the end of the year. Once we get this underway I believe the speed for a lot of these issues resolution will be faster.

I will come back with more information. I will review the posts and the messages we've received and strive to answer them as quickly and as completely as we can.

Thank you for hanging in there with us.

Kizer.

Kizer thanks to responding to our thread if when you get the us warranty facility up and running could you update this thread and let us know along with number and any other info you can provide I would like to send my Gemini in to have them replace the screws and adjust the action because as it stands the replacement parts I received do not properly fit my Gemini and the action is not as smooth
Thanks
Spencer

I have the same exact problem with my Gemini. No one has returned my emails for several weeks now from Kizer. For a company growing in popularity, their customer service sure is lacking. I will not buy another knife from them until they get their act together.

When did you purchase the knife and from where? Just wandering if the problem is persistent on current production runs of the Gemini or if they have resolved the Gemini

When did you purchase the knife and from where? Just wandering if the problem is persistent on current production runs of the Gemini or if they have resolved the Gemini

I purchased the Gemini when they first came out about 3 months ago from a recognized and popular authorized dealer here on the forum. I do not know if they fixed the problem though. I understand they will be shipping out more soon. I still can't seem to get anyone to respond to my emails at Kizer.

Hi, sfcablecar:

sorry about the delay on answering your email. please do this, send me a forum email to my forum handle, that should generate an email to my profile address. I will post back whether that email was received in this thread.

thank you.

Kizer.

I also have a Gemini from the first batch about 3 months ago. Should I have my pivot replaced if it's acting fine at the moment as a preventative measure?

I also have a Gemini from the first batch about 3 months ago. Should I have my pivot replaced if it's acting fine at the moment as a preventative measure?

If I were you I wouldn't if it is acting fine! I would not mess with it can be a lot more difficult than one would think!

Just put an order in for one and would also like to know if the pivot issue has been addressed with the latest batch released?

Hi, sechip:

We have made some changes to the pivot and after stress-testing it, we believe the end result will serve without any issues.

Thank you.

Kizer.

Hi, sechip:

We have made some changes to the pivot and after stress-testing it, we believe the end result will serve without any issues.

Thank you.

Kizer.

Thank you..... Does that mean that those of us who were early adopters need this fix?....And, if so, how would we get it done?

I have a Kizer 4430 tanto and the stop pin was too short so when the frame was tightened the blade was impossible to move. Azo from kizer sent me a new longer stop pin so the frame could be fully tightened but the pin is about 1mm thinner than the old which means major blade play when locked up. Many emails and facebook messages and nothing back to resolve the issue. Very bad customer service. I've even asked for the address to return it under warranty but got no reply. They seemed more than happy for me to replace the stop pin myself which surely would void any warranty with a company?

I have a Kizer 4430 tanto and the stop pin was too short so when the frame was tightened the blade was impossible to move. Azo from kizer sent me a new longer stop pin so the frame could be fully tightened but the pin is about 1mm thinner than the old which means major blade play when locked up. Many emails and facebook messages and nothing back to resolve the issue. Very bad customer service. I've even asked for the address to return it under warranty but got no reply. They seemed more than happy for me to replace the stop pin myself which surely would void any warranty with a company?

Asking customers to repair defective products themselves earns an "F" in warranty service.

Asking customers to repair defective products themselves earns an "F" in warranty service.

Ive been hounding them by email and facebook, now on here aswell but no reply off anyone. They got back pretty quick to tell me to replace the pin myself but nothing now they've sent the wrong one and I've mentioned warranty. Got to be honest I loved the knife when I first got it but Im starting to look at it as a piece of sh*t now I cant get a simple reply from them.

Back