Kizer Splinter - Initial Impressions

I got my Splinter for $118.95 but it looks like it's more like $123-$125 at most places.

Yep. $118 is what I paid for mine too.

Based on the the pics I think I'd opt for the 0450. It looks like a more substantial knife. But for the money the Splinter is hard to beat. It's definitely found a home in my EDC rotation. :)

Last edited:
Got mine in today.
First impressions:
-Packaging is very nice. Magnetized box complete with spare screw and a good sized cleaning cloth.
-This knife is LIGHT and disappears in your pocket.
-Very sharp out of the box, sliced through phone book paper with ease. Grind is even.
-Flipper tab is small. It was a bit difficult to flip it open so I disassembled, oiled, and reassembled. Now it is set up to my liking.
- I'm impressed considering what I paid. $118.
Hi I know this post is old but here goes. I just got the identical knife today. It's crazy hard to open! Like theres strong magnets down there and the flipper kinda suck - tiny and smooth. Do you think I need to disassemble it just to lube it? Was also thinking of abrading the flipper a bit just so my finger doesn't slide off - thoughts? thx

Slender framelocks tend to be pretty technique-dependent as far as giving you a good time or being super finicky, and my Sliver is no exception, though it's really smooth and works great for me

Back