Knife and Watch combo. Let's see them!

I did the partial ZEV treatment on my G19 - the best ZEV trigger, stippling, night sights, and fitted threaded barrel - but didn't replace barrel and slide. Added CT laser grips and Surefire light (nightstand pistol). It runs great with and without my AAC EVO-9 suppressor!

2ExzE6Mh.jpg

How are you getting along with the T-fit bracelet? I’ve had my eye on this guy for a while, since it’s unassuming and still amazing quality.
The T-fit is nice, works well and offers plenty of adjustment. The Ranger clasp doesn’t have the Tudor Shield “torture device” that the BB Pro and Pelagos 39 have. Send me a DM if you have other watch questions, I don’t want to clog up the thread.

Most (not all) of my Seiko movements have been 20-30 seconds off a day, and I had to get my watchmaker to regulate them. Swiss ETA movements can also be adjusted to very good accuracy and consistency. My son-in-law received a Glycine Combat for Christmas a couple years back, and watchmaker got it to run +/- 2 seconds a day for me before I gave it to him, for like $40. I think it was an SW200 movement, Swiss clone of the 2824, and it started out at +12 seconds/day (drop dot com pepsi bezel diver).

I’m not aware of any adjustments that could be made but will look into it. I have looked into getting them serviced. One is a Hamilton which was $2-300, the other is an Oris and if I remember correctly it was $4-500. I also have a Tag that is about 20 years old that needs servicing and that’s around $7-800. Pretty pricey! I would be happy though if they worked as well with a $40 adjustment.

Get a case holder and opener (<$10). Get the Watch Accuracy Meter app ($0) (Get that in any case because it's just cool and fun.). Regulate that movement. Easy peasy. (I would not play with a really expensive watch, but a <$50 Seiko movement? Meh.)

It's not much more difficult than taking apart and reassembling a Sebenza.

My FrankenSeiko (SKX based) was losing minutes per week.

Stop the movement if possible. Start with adjusting the beat error to <0.5 msec with the "lower lever" on the balance wheel assembly, then adjust the rate with the "upper lever" - the one with the little +/- scale. It'll take a few tries. There are YT tutorials as well.

The app works by just finding a quiet spot and placing the watch next to the phone's microphone. It will listen to the ticking and pick up the rate and the beat error (hence why a quiet surrounding is important), and also display the native frequency of your movement, e.g. 21,600 beats per hour (BPH).

In under half an hour I got it pretty much dead on accurate. Three screenshots of subsequent measurements:

The line of measurement points starts at the bottom of the display usually somewhere to the left or right of center. Swipe the screen to center it between the arrows.

4 days later it's still within 2 sec per day. If I have to do this every couple of months it's no big deal.

Get a case holder and opener (<$10). Get the Watch Accuracy Meter app ($0) (Get that in any case because it's just cool and fun.). Regulate that movement. Easy peasy. (I would not play with a really expensive watch, but a <$50 Seiko movement? Meh.)

Stop the movement if possible. Start with adjusting the beat error to <0.5 msec with the "lower lever" on the balance wheel assembly, then adjust the rate with the "upper lever" - the one with the little +/- scale. It'll take a few tries. There are YT tutorials as well.

The app works by just finding a quiet spot and placing the watch next to the phone's microphone. It will listen to the ticking and pick up the rate and the beat error (hence why a quiet surrounding is important), and also display the native frequency of your movement, e.g. 21,600 beats per hour (BPH).

In under half an hour I got it pretty much dead on accurate. Three screenshots of subsequent measurements:

The line of measurement points starts at the bottom of the display usually somewhere to the left or right of center. Swipe the screen to center it between the arrows.

4 days later it's still within 2 sec per day. If I have to do this every couple of months it's no big deal.
Thanks, I’ll definitely check all that out. However it’s not the seiko i was having problems with. My king turtle actually runs +5s a day. It was the eta 2824 i have in 2 fairly expensive watches.

Reactions: TC

Cool App. Can it also calculate amplitude? That's helpful in knowing when you are getting closer to needing a service as well. I have an app that uses a plug in device to listen that plugs into the headphone jack. I have not tried it with the headphone to lightning adapter since they dropped the headphone jack in the iPhone 7 lol.

It works like a real Timegrapher, which I also have .

Back