Knifemaker Blues...

To me the only time waiting for a knife, or any order for that matter, gets very annoying is when you are given a time frame for its delivery which goes by with no word. Then when you do hear word its saying you have to wait probably the same amount of time again as you already waited. When I have already paid its annoying to have 4-6 weeks turn into 2-3 months and still not knowing when it will be delivered.

I would rather have someone tell me that it will be a long time then have them keep changing the time frame after I have already waited it. Still, I would much rather deal with an order this way then attending a 'gonza'.

I like the way Dan keeps us somewhat informed of where in the process the order is. Its really nice to see the pictures of the various stages. I personally wouldn't mind even more pics of the process. It kind of makes me feel like I am somehow a part of the process of making my knife.

I'll admit I LOVE your knives, but I'll only buy them if they are already made. I have limited patience for delays once a timeframe has been committed to, even though I know delays happen even with the best laid plans. I end up spending the money somewhere else. :(

Last edited:
It's a lot of worked to keep all these "plates spinning"....and I won't make any excuses for any problems I've had in the past.

BUT, that said....this "new system" will address this and make things easier for BOTH of us....maker AND customer. :thumbup:

Like I said at the first....sometimes I drag my feet on things and "need reminders"...:D....and sometimes, things just stack up. I don't want to complain about customers....just want to let you guys see "both sides" of the story.

I get aggravated by it too...I WANT you guys to have knives....quickly....LOTS quicker than in the past.

Right now I am busy clearing out orders....I have finished up nearly 100 orders over the last few weeks...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Back