• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

- KnifeMakers Scribe -

I'll take one JT, if a spot is still open.

ok your on the list.

I have improved it and i think you will like it very much :D

My dang engraving tool is chipped, i think some one whacked it and destroyed the tip. my new prototype i just did has crapy looking index marks because of it. I think i'm going to move the indexing part of the operation to a cnc mill with a rotating A axis. that way its perfict and i can hit some 4000 rpm which the engraver likes.

Last edited:
here is the updated version, if you dont like it not problem but i think you will all side with me in that it look even better now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1010854.JPG
    P1010854.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 3,147
  • P1010856.JPG
    P1010856.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 3,121
  • P1010857.JPG
    P1010857.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 3,067
Jarod I think you'd better get ready to go into production, because that's going to become the new 'gold standard' centerline scribe. All the supply houses are going to stock them, every maker in the western hemisphere will buy one, and you're going to get wealthy and buy an island in the Pacific and that'll be the last we saw of you. ;)

I'm sure you've thought about it, but you need to apply your mark somewhere on the tool.

Jarod I think you'd better get ready to go into production, because that's going to become the new 'gold standard' centerline scribe. All the supply houses are going to stock them, every maker in the western hemisphere will buy one, and you're going to get wealthy and buy an island in the Pacific and that'll be the last we saw of you. ;)

I'm sure you've thought about it, but you need to apply your mark somewhere on the tool.

Its going on the underside i think, i have also been looking at a pat-pend.

If you can ship to the UK I'll take one.

ok your on the list, i'm not sure what shipping is but i will find out ad let you know.

If there is any one else that wants one post here that you want one and if some one backs out then you will be on the list.

Are the measuring marks on one side or both sides? Would be cool if it worked both lefty and righty.

I'm getting excited about this. :)

yep thy are one both sides for left and right handed people. I am left handed so i always think about it as sometimes stuff can only be found for right handers. I'm programing the CNC mill right now to cut as much as possible but still a lot is done by hand. but the index marks will be done with a cnc which will make them perfect.

JT you have me on the list which is great. I have on question that just came to my mind as I was looking it over again. Is there any kind of grove or lock of some sort for the cutter that would lock into place as you screw the set screw down? Or is it just designed to have you hold the cutter with your finger or thumb while you tighten the set screw? Thanks.

JT you have me on the list which is great. I have on question that just came to my mind as I was looking it over again. Is there any kind of grove or lock of some sort for the cutter that would lock into place as you screw the set screw down? Or is it just designed to have you hold the cutter with your finger or thumb while you tighten the set screw? Thanks.

ya you just hold it and tighten it down. if there was notches then you would have to be at set ranges plus i don't know how it would work with the insert

Hi, if anyone backs out I would like to get one, seems like I beat around the bush too long again. Looks very simple and well designed :thumbup:

Sounds great, but I read both threads and don't get how it works (excuse my ignorance). Visual aid helps. :D

edit: never mind, figured it out. :thumbup:

Last edited:
JT,
Please excuse me if I have overlooked it...... but what is the final price?
How do you wish to be paid? Where do we send payment?

I assume you want payment now.... correct. I do not want to be late.

Thank you in advance.......... :)

Well, I wil take payment once i have everything proofed out on the cnc and its running good. I then have to order material but i have some.

Back