• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Kryptoglow custom scales, spacers...

what about the name tactiglow, Chernobglow, Komet Glow, Reactor Glow

Chernobglow and reactor glow are cool because you can use a skull with a radioactive symbol for a logo

Last edited:
Hi Dan, I'm a VERY new person here, my addiction used to be watches over at the WUS forum for years, however after buying a home in the woods with the girlie and surrounded by almost 100acres of woods, well my taste in hobbies has changes a bit! I'm sorry for all you are going through, and feel very trivial when asking about details around the ZT0550 Scale you have up for sale now. It's the ZT0550-49 does this glow as well? Anyway, we just placed my Grandma in the home after taking care of her for years, just became too much for my parents, I'm 45 so she is no spring chicken, she will outlive us all I’m sure! On a lighter note, when she was living with me before my parents had the house ready for her, she had a couple of episodes...one was right after she had moved into my apartment, I was about 25 at the time and had just gotten in from working the second shift and catching a drink with my friends after work. It was near Christmas, and as I got into bed, my Grandma came out of her room and into mine, calling my name, it was about 2AM. I said yes grandma? She responded, they are all out there, I asked who is out there? She says, all of them, look out the window in the snow!...I looked out and said who is out there?, she responded "All my dead relatives & they are singing Christmas carolers"...it was now near 3AM so I called my mum to talk some sense into her mum...Oh boy! I feel your pain.
As far as the nonsense with your company name, I feel this guy should be ignored, lawyer and all..sounds like legally he has no leg to stand on, the name was given to you legally, his loss.

Prayers, thoughts and all such things your way Dan....

James

Thanks again for all the well wishes and sound advice regarding the trademark situation. Here lately I've been looking at this as a sign to move into knifemaking. Due to setting up a home for my parents next to me and their continued care I have not made scales in approx. 8 months. Making scales takes total attention and there are times during the process that I can't just stop til later....
As some of you know, I have been working on a line of knives for the last year +/-. I currently have the final design for my small, medium and large version. Well, the large version will be here by Monday:) I've been snatching up knives since I was around 8 yrs old and that's where my heart is. My obsession started looking through my dads old guns and ammo magazines and his knife catalog's. Long story short...I plan on buying a grinder, some steel and diving in heads first to making my own knives. It will cost a good bit for some of the needed equipment so I'm going to have a big sell off here soon. I'm going to sell most of the knives I used for fitting custom scales. Most are new outside of displaying scales for pics and some are unopened due to canceled plans to customize. I also have quite a few Kryptoglow scales for various models that I intend to offer at reduced prices.
As soon as I can I'll get some pics listed of the versions I hope to offer including the new 10" blade Hybrid.

Thanks again for the support and friendship of this site.

Dan

dscf4709.jpgdscf4697.jpgdscf4708.jpgThanks for the compliment SilentJohn and here are some pics of the trio ShepardCC...

These are the small, medium and large Hybrid knives I hope to offer in the not too distant future. I am getting out of the Glow scales and going into doing my own line of knives. Due to a family health situation I no longer have time to do the scales. When I start the process of making scales I can't just stop in the middle of it. Making knives is a bit easier to stop and start as needed when my parents are in need of my assistance.
I am currently reducing prices on my scales and am adding the remainder of my inventory to my website at kryptoglow.com. I am also going to list all or most of my knives here in the production fixed and folder sub forums TODAY. Some are NIB and some are LNIB and have only been used for photographing my scales. I believe these scales will be the last of them. Thanks for the support from all you guys here regarding my scales and well wishes for the family. I hope to make a smooth transition to knife making and will definitely be hanging around here with my BFF's :) (Blade Forum Friends)

The small Hybrid measures-8.5" OAL... Blade 4-3/8" ...cutting edge 3.75" (Hollow Chisel grind)

The medium Hybrid measures-11.5" OAL...Blade 6"...cutting edge 5.75" (Hollow grind) It's the one in the original "Hybrid passaround" thread

The large Hybrid measures- 15.75" OAL...Blade 10"...cutting edge 9.25" (Hollow grind)

looks forward to the knives. that big one to just posted is mean looking, are you go to keep glow in the dark as a theme in your knives

looks forward to the knives. that big one to just posted is mean looking, are you go to keep glow in the dark as a theme in your knives

It is kinda mean looking huh:)
That's what I'm thinking. I will probably offer glow scales just for the models I offer...if I get to that point. For the type that might be carried in battle or other situations that need stealth I would probably just have a glow ring at forward portion of grip. This way the glow would be covered when sheathed and obvious if dropped in the dark.

Thanks, Dan

Can you inlay tritium into a Ti scale(that you made) or do you not make Ti scales?

Hi Dan, nice to see you back in the saddle again. I bought some of your last scales like SilentJohn and also thought they were the best value scales around.

I have a question. Your KG site was changed to rebuke something or other and Kryptoglow dot com was and is not working. I'd like to get a shot at some of your
last ones, where is the rest of your scale inventory now?

By the way, the new knives look great! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Back