• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Kryptoglow custom scales, spacers...

Hey all,

I'm sure some of you know me by now but to those who don't, I'm Dan from Kryptoglow. I'm a fellow knife nut and have been since I was a kid. I was a roofer for many years and did all types of construction. Things basically crashed in 2008 and so I decided to try and do something I loved for a living. It's not much of a living but it is something I enjoy every day. I make custom scales (glowing and non glowing) for numerous models and I hope to offer a custom knife of my own
"The Hybrid" sometime in the next few months. It can be seen here on the passaround forum.

I make my scales out of a strong fiber filled composite. Although not quite as strong as G10 they have done well for me with over 2000 sold. I have many repeat customers and my feedback can be seen on that auction site. At the moment I offer some ZT, Spyderco, Kershaw, Becker, Esee, Ontario, Boker and various other models.
I can do just about any color imaginable along with camo or marbled patterns. I can also make any of them glow including black. If interested in any of the items I offer please send a PM or contact me at kryptoglow@gmail.com

I have examples of some of my work on that auction site, kryptoglow.com and facebook galleries under kryptoglow and Daniel Bragg

Thanks for your support,
Dan000_6746.jpg000_6564.jpg000_6603.jpg000_6373.jpg

Attachments

• 000_6540.jpg
    000_6540.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 412
Did I hear you say something a little while back about doing ZT 0350 back spacers?

Wow, that is the exact question I just asked him. And he is planning some new things for the ZT 0350, or so he has told me he does. I will leave the details to Dan since I am anxious to hear them myself!

Hey all. I have been re-vamping my shop so I can get a bit more organized. I have gone from 200 listings on that auction site to 15-30. I am trying to free myself from that auction site and conduct business VIA my website kryptoglow.com. My website is in progress and I hope to have nearly everything available listed there in the next few weeks.

Thanks, Dan @ Kryptoglow

Dan,
Can you do a set of scales for a Spyderco PM2 in that silver that you used for the 560 above?

Dan,
Can you do a set of scales for a Spyderco PM2 in that silver that you used for the 560 above?

Sorry, but I have not figured out the para 2 ...yet. It has the recessed liners which requires milling the underside of the scale which is beyond my ability at the moment. That scale you referred to is a regular brown scale that I sprayed with silver krylon and then a layer of clear satin. I imagine the same thing could be done to a set of the para 2 scales ;)

As a note; I'm getting the website going quicker than I imagined. Check it out at www.kryptoglow.com

Thanks, Dan

I can't see any current models on your website. Is it my browser? How about the Southard? The stock scales are actually too thick and could do with some sculpting and thinning to get a CC shape. I've been in contact with a guy who does it, but can't get him to respond. Probably very busy. Hope your broken bones are itching rather than hurting.

I can't see any current models on your website. Is it my browser? How about the Southard? The stock scales are actually too thick and could do with some sculpting and thinning to get a CC shape. I've been in contact with a guy who does it, but can't get him to respond. Probably very busy. Hope your broken bones are itching rather than hurting.

If you click on the link it should take you to my site. The brands that I produce scales for are at the top of the page and each model is in the drop down menu.

www.kryptoglow.com

I hope to look at the southard in the near future. It looks like a nice one.

Dan

Quick Question
Does the ZT and the Kershaw Tyrade share the same scales? Only from looking at pics they look the same but never seen a ZT to know for sure

Cyck

gonna order them bright neon green glow for my camillus bk 10 I am getting soon

Last edited:
Same thing happen to me back in late 2008 shit hit the fan and after trying to hustle more work and not being able land one, I called my business agent, "I was a union carpenter" for some advice... All he said was "why don't you just drop out of the union like everyone else" and hung up on me... I will never forget those words, 13 years dedicated union worker and that's what I got for advice... Sorry krypto! I had to let that out!!
Yep, an old partner and I discussed the old days of roofing/siding...the other day. We both agreed it was fun but neither of us want to go back to it. I do what I love now and I'm not sure my body would want to be on a roof again anyway:)

PM sent 710

Back