KW 204P Millie vs Ti/CF S90V

I'm buying a RIL S90V Millie, never owned a frame lock Millie. But, if you had to choose, I would recommend the 204p all day long. The nested liner is flawless: light, strong & the steel is great.

I'm not a huge fan of the all Ti or Ti and CF or G-10 construction. I think it makes the Military too heavy. That being said, I've been thinking about the KW Ti/CF/S90V Military since it was announced.

I love their s90v. I had it in the sprint Manix xl and boy it would hold an edge for what seemed like forever. I don't know why I ever got rid of that knife...o_O

lol Fine, fine...I am back in. Spyderco is not CRK so hopefully the issue does not manifest itself with this design :)

I have one of the first run KW exclusives. I'm not sure what year that was - maybe 2012? No issues whatsoever, nada. Still perfect.

Tough call. I really like the cf/ti handle but I prefer 204p over s90v. If they had combined the two I would have gotten one for sure.

lol Fine, fine...I am back in. Spyderco is not CRK so hopefully the issue does not manifest itself with this design :)

Young man! If you ever dare to speak like that on the CRK subforum, you shall be burnt at the stake by the mob over there. But your secret is safe with me because I will never tell anyone of your blasphemy :D

I have a M4 G10/Ti, CF S90V sprint and 204P versions. I prefer the lighter weight of the non-RIL versions.

S90V works well, but come sharpening time I prefer 204P/M390/M4 etc.

I'm passing on the new one.

Got the Blue, Blurple, and M4 Ti Millies so I'm probably going to pass on the S90V Ti and the Jade M4. Been here too long, have too many knives already. $500 in my pocket is just an added bonus.

If you're new, you should jump on these. It doesn't get much better.

The CF/Ti/S90V looks nice. But it has big shoes to fill if it plans on outdoing the 204P Military.

The Jade M4 is not exactly my cuppa tea as handle scale colors don't do it for me, in addition to some extra maintenance on the M4 steel being a bit close to the Mighty Pacific, but that is at retail full whack. If I see one on the Exchange that reflects the out-of-retailer's-discount price which is LNIB or NIB, then why not! Losing $20-$30 or even $50 adds up for every bad and impulsive decision and I don't wish to belittle the notion but this pales in comparison to the amount of $ which goes through some fingers like liquid water! Anyone have kids in college or Millennials who are still trying to "figure out life" living (partially) on Dad's dime? LOL!

Back