Let’s see your neck knives!

Oh man! I love me some kneck knives! Before I bought my boat I kayak fished A LOT. Kneckers are great for the seated position in a yak. I found that an Emerson La Griffe was great for cutting line, letting it hang on your finger while re-tying, then cutting the tag end of the line. Ill have to dig em out.

dHoCIon.jpg

Without going searching for images of 20 to 30 others...these are the ones that I have worn the most in recent years.

This first one was a gift from the late Darrel Ralph some years back...and features an S90V blade and micarta grip. It has been a near constant companion since.

Darrel Ralph Neck Knife.jpg

These two more recent additions are 3" "Embers" from Josh at REK Knives. Both in MagnaCut. I wear the sheepfoot version pretty much daily. Love 'em both.

ember 3.0.jpegEmber 3.0 - 2.jpegEmber 3.0 drop point.jpg

David Mary is on the case. Step one down to becoming an honorary neck knife club member.

Reactions: DMG
A alongoria

I was the one who convinced Murray Carter to make neck knives. He resisted at first thinking it a bad idea. Once he made and carried one of his own, he liked the idea very much. I have the second or third one he made, (he kept the first and second as I recall), and I have a fancy one that he brought to the Blade Show for display when he was going for his Master Smith stamp.

I'll dig up a couple of old images buried on my hard drive.

Back