Let’s see your neck knives!

Thank you for the info and pics. VERY interesting your early involvement with Mr. Carter!! And, very cool to have his early knives!!
I really appreciate his blades. I have the 2 neck knives along with a Whitecrane (white #1 core) and FS1 (Blue Super).
His journey in knife making starting in Japan and his work since is fascinating to me.
Best regards

Thank you for the info and pics. VERY interesting your early involvement with Mr. Carter!! And, very cool to have his early knives!!
I really appreciate his blades. I have the 2 neck knives along with a Whitecrane (white #1 core) and FS1 (Blue Super).
His journey in knife making starting in Japan and his work since is fascinating to me.
Best regards
My relationship with Murray goes back to the late 90's or so...while he was still living and working in Japan. I can't recall if my bugging him about the neck knives was before he departed or not. These kitchen knives were sent to me from Japan. (Still have the original box they were sent in, as I recall.)
The neck knives and the knives below are the only knives of his I have left.

Muteki.jpg

Attachments

• Muteki.jpg
    Muteki.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1
I have this one. I tried neck carry, but don't imagine I'll ever seriously carry any knife that way except in one or two instances. The twine on the sheath is so I can loop it to a belt, or belt loop, either for pocket carry or inside the waistband carry. If I ever decide to carry it looped around my neck, I'll use the breakaway chain or get one of those breakaway plastic doodads I've seen on Amazon. Those things aside, I quite like the little bugger.

Last edited:
These are the neck knives that I carry frequently, except for the ESEE that needs a chain.. I have some other neck knives in a box. The Strongarm is mainly for farm chores. The others are mainly for out and about. They are especially handy when I am driving and my wife wants to use one of my knives to open an ebay package instead of spending 5 minutes trying to find one of the four knives at the bottom of her purse.

Neck_Knives.jpg

view

Just a stock picture, but I love this little knife.

I have this one. I tried neck carry, but don't imagine I'll ever seriously carry any knife that way except in one or two instances. The twine on the sheath is so I can loop it to a belt, or belt loop, either for pocket carry or inside the waistband carry. If if ever decide to carry it looped around my neck, I'll use the breakaway chain or get one of those breakaway plastic doodads I've seen on Amazon. Those things aside, I quite like the little bugger.

After reading your post I felt so jealous I decided to buy one tooo! I like this little bastard! It's like a racoon: small, cute and can cause a lot of damage 😆

Ct1A6Y4.png

Well, when I saw it for twenty bucks at Tractor Supply, I figured it was easily worth a try. (Technically, they were asking $19.99 for it.) That said, always happy to inspire. In fact, it's in my pocket right now.

I bought this one for $27.82 Canadian, which makes $20.47 US. Good price!

In fact, it's in my pocket right now

In fact, it's around my neck right now :D

5lgHXx6.png

O1HXz2D.png

Last edited:
Back