Lets see some Hinderer action

New Spantoon in 20CV.

There are so many ways to improve the action on a Hinderer:
- from use/gradual break-in
- backing off the pivot (as they ship extra tight from the ranch)
- disassembly, cleaning, and adjusment

With this new XM-18, I just put the knife pivot side down in a cup of hot water (as if I was attempting to help break loose the loc-tite). This effectively removes any debris, dust, grease, etc. from the Pivot without the need for disassembly.

Knife snaps out fast, blade drops closed freely, and there is no play in absolutely any direction.

O52Sy4TDd-kdNWf7xhfbZqMWRXu1MIX4rJof7zpal8ckw9Hyjm0q3nQ63Q34bQGu0_b8QuNByFeFdkjIJE21b-bSGTu-z2CS9nTrbxG_G0dNoCDSwaVlcrLCdjjBVezyldKgZwHNZf-n4XKdqdtvjOkPWahciM1WU1u7vaKIeVIG13TDL5wg99CuboB61Us6JXcaoitCzdJiz7FB-wLKcvCDKwoPTIzlCw2JSiuJUJpdLb5XtU1egQynuwpgGrJyPoZldUgghH4wcygIQAFjS9HRMFPWaAcJOVOV2O-MWBPvT930PU5_zHRlsDRBAFBhGgYAuxbZM_ebKXRtu1GBCOivSvDTo30Q6yKP8hxfM4JsJhn2aha26ABVQ3A-3Ic5-7dKDczSSkojbOZ0jpM5JZC3xRcOBYHzdnLZKs0DGa05wv50mTIsjb-p3HxFiYmdhtYSC-vk4xRl62n3qUwPask-7wmHMb7jqxN_-GvRHmS0J9izEc8qzh8mvL43WDLfDoRiStt6qN0FR-lwpzvTw_9sxR9pC7jxW_T1BQh60MVOAYZhOMXKTjg5I9l_k0dzJ1eH7wCt-I8Lyc9JOvQ4RKG-tDzwdGdPGl7zEa7H5FbMnJTc-1I94g=w725-h966-no

H3j7SvNqTmLwurljVqYQ2Y81gP9V327LaeVouORUhD07Y9WuD4fX2nvueyLSvnb8nhzP3Qk7MaqfOne29y5B8sIaQyNtXgZx-2j4v74aLPaUco1PqgFR6dXtWUoTqmg4n8EvwIZi1EPJWGg6J0_QqjPAIhVVRSOgZZ_MqdSN9oIuwiZUmhb6Qrsp3hltwXFLftBsiolSH_vGf89zoj-nOo0zsINX0pXQ5G__N8SsaLb5KYvSFxRZWkqczcjh359-EJSDwb0EC5EAX9zQcdf2QVnPI4CO3vBZFifBq0mjfLkzwLiKbo5rEyYwe7r8HAS0K0Qd1HkMxrPGRLqW0-kGWSxE15BVrtOHskS-uBagk1hiUAgGku7zC0QKRHvcpGhH4r1yVbDWyn008bDETfb8vnM52GUOANpVAcU-hTxcJT7u2gAeB9JqWr7aYAXT9q3x98YO9ePVtfkAREWOzYpKO4JNdP_77w9Y92-5pj2PFa40ZwMBNMLu7ntwcI6cOOQAOT5hHHE7hg3qf5SJNyoBgLgHX5QiaatNRQGmURhexeZ01q8Y0bVv6JkiQxgEZvgIo6468UxWexd9idPfxc-mBXdPgu4HT78v-2TWiBGScD1oLov35qaKOA=w725-h966-no

mjhYru4.jpg

I don't know what it is about this particular Hinderer, but it has probably seen 95% of my pocket time since I got it a year ago. I wasn't even expecting to be wowed by it, I think I bought it mostly out of boredom. Has anyone else picked one up on a whim, only to be blown away by it?

Last edited:
I picked this one up a few months ago from DLT and just noticed that the box states that it has a green black scale.
Am I colorblind or is this a blue scale and I just received the wrong box?
I want blue seeing as it's a battle blue frame but if it's green and I can't see it I'll pick up a bluer scale.

IEQ4nTG.jpg

I picked this one up a few months ago from DLT and just noticed that the box states that it has a green black scale.
Am I colorblind or is this a blue scale and I just received the wrong box?
I want blue seeing as it's a battle blue frame but if it's green and I can't see it I'll pick up a bluer scale.

IEQ4nTG.jpg

That looks like blue/black to me, so I would guess someone had them out and put them in the wrong boxes. I can't imagine they would put a green scale on a knife with a blue frame. This is not the best pic, but you should be able to see the difference. The top one has a green/black scale and the middle one has a blue/black. The green always looked brownish to me.
mXPFb89.jpg

That looks like blue/black to me, so I would guess someone had them out and put them in the wrong boxes. I can't imagine they would put a green scale on a knife with a blue frame. This is not the best pic, but you should be able to see the difference. The top one has a green/black scale and the middle one has a blue/black. The green always looked brownish to me.
mXPFb89.jpg
That's what I was thinking, just a box mixup or even a misprint from Hinderer seeing as the label states battle blue and then hand printed grn/blk for the scale color.
I can't imagine the factory hanging a green scale on a blue frame either?? But maybe they do?

Was that Half Track a dealer exclusive? The blackwash really suits the knife.
It was not a dealer exclusive, Hinderer did not just make many of them. I think they need to make some more!

Was just looking at this on your site! Really excited for this. So how do you close it without cutting yourself? Do you press up on the other flip tab while disengaging the lock bar?
Yes, in fact Knifecenter has the closing procedure explained in the description.
I'm really on the fence with this one....buying one that is.
Great looking knife.

Back