Let's see some pics of your favorite hunters!

It’s tough to beat the big bowie for sheer visual impact and “coolness” factor, but surely the hunter is the THE staple of the fixed blade knife, given that it is the type of knife most likely to be actually used. So let’s see some pics of your favorite hunters – drop point, clip point, plain or fancy – whatever floats your boat. Here are a few to start..

In the category of plain but pretty, here’s a nice blade by Nick Wheeler – 1084 and box elder burl:

orig.jpg

This has to be one of the most thoroughly thought-out designs in the hunter category – Jerry Fisk’s Sendero. Pick one up and you’ll know what I mean. This would be one of the fancier renditions of this great little working knife, shown here in wolf’s tooth damascus and walrus ivory:

orig.jpg

Here’s a nicely turned-out example from Ed caffrey – the combination of forged 52100 taken to 2000 grit along with carved and textured African Blackwood handle and elongated single guard come together very well indeed (pic from Ed’s web site):

orig.jpg

Finally, if you feel the nead to wear a hunter with your tuxedo, this is your knife – Tim Hancock’s full luxury hunter in mastodon ivory and damascus (pic from Nordic Knives):

orig.jpg

Now let’s see some more from you guys! :D :D

Cheers,

Roger

Damn you Roger ...... :D

Those are some fantastic hunters you got there.

I think I played with that Caffrey's at the Bladeshow this year. But it was sold already, so was it you who bought it then ?

Will post mine tomorrow !

Originally posted by beluga
Damn you Roger ...... :D

Ha! :D Only the top knife (Wheeler) is mine - I sold the Fisk in what was surely a fit of insanity. The Caffrey and Hancock are part of my collection.... of pictures of knives I wish were mine.:p

I look forward to seeing your pics.

Roger

Those are some great looking hunters Roger.I just picked up a new camera and will try posting a few.Geno,Dusty and Big John.:)

Attachments

• geno 1.jpg
    geno 1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 244
It won't let me post the same pic twice, since I already started a thread about this knife. Check out my avatar. Ed Caffrey made somebody a very happy camper(not me, I was too late) with this stag handled, 52100 hunter.

Stumpy, ya Bastid. I love that Fitch hunter! :)

these have all been seen before but they are mine and what the heck, I'll join the parade. I plan to do some new shots and do some images as multiples that I don't have already. So for now

standard

by Roy Helton who does not do fixed blades anymore.

the incredible Rob Brown Dress Field Hunter

standard

new star on the horizon -- Herbert Derr

standard

standard

and of course Ed's # 1 protege, Bill Burke

so here are a couple of damascus blades, a forged 52100 blade and an ATS34 stock removal blade.

It's really not fair. Everybody here has got more beautiful knives than I! :D :)

The two knives I am going to post photo attachments of are not mine. They are just a couple of my favorites. This first one is by Bailey Bradshaw.

Wow Roger, I'm honored to be included in this thread!

One other favorite hunter of my own will be at BG soon, and maybe I can post a pic of it then. It's that knife's fraternal twin (W1 with hamon, stacked 3 layer 416 guard and Ironwood burl handle).

That Hancock makes me excited and sad all at the same time (he's just too good at this knifemaking stuff).

I've handled that Caffrey, and it feels sooo good in the hand.

Bradshaw and Massey, yea, I don't even have to say anything there :)

Nick

Some wonderful knives here.

I believe I also saw a pic of that Hancock in Coop's photo album from the AKI show. And that Caffrey that Roger posted is really something - I also got to handle it at Blade and was sad to learn that it had been sold before I got to it.

Anyway, here's a nice little hunter from Buster Warenski. Simple, classy, and clean. One of my favorites...

warenski_front2.jpg

just learned that Rogers is only permitting 300MB of traffic per month so my pix have been removed and will not be accessible till next month. lot of good that does so I guess it is back to trying to find some hosting space that allows linking. Strange part is that last night, I went thru the whole process with a Rogers tech support person to setup a second email account and webspace only to learn tonight that the 300MB is the total for all accounts. Kind of a PITA. This was a good thread and would have liked to have participated.

Back