Let's see some pics of your favorite hunters!

Thanks for all the great pics so far guys – and keep ‘em coming! And a special thanks to the makers who have shared pics of their work - much appreciated!

Keith, that forged CPM3V hunter by Bailey Bradshaw is quite unique and very beautiful.

Wulf – the Warenski hunter is just about the very definition of simple elegance.

Murray – time to bite the bullet and join up with fototime my friend!:p

I’ve dug up a few more:

The first is a real sweet small-game hunter by Ron Newton – 52100, desert ironwood with black-lip pearl inlaid escutcheon on both sides:

orig.jpg

Next is a sturdy design by Ron Leuschen forged from 1” O1 round stock with integral bolster and pommel. Handle is birch:

orig.jpg

Here’s a striking mosaic damascus hunter from Jon P. Christensen with damascus guard and coolibah wood handle (pic from jonchristensenknives.com):

orig.jpg

And finally a fancy dress hunter from Jay Hendrickson in blued damascus with his signature wire-inlaid maple handle (photo from bladegallery.com):

orig.jpg

Roger

I think this thread could go on about as long as the Hotties thread in W&C.. ;)

And I could clog it up big time, with all the hunters I have available as pics! So I'll simply feed in a couple here and there...

Wulf is right. Let's see that Hancock hunter again. This time from me:

orig.jpg

This one is obscure, but it's a sweetheart. The scales have a big whitish spacer giving them bulk. Everywhere I look on this knife is something precise. It's from my own stash:

orig.jpg

And this I took from my client. I don't know much about Mike Sakmar, but I DO know this knife was stunning!

orig.jpg

That's enough.

Coop

Murray,

The link works and it was wonderful going through your collection!

THANKS.

Peter:eek:

Hey Roger, did you wipe my blood off of that Newton hunter? ;) :)

That sucker is so sharp and pointy, it went right through a sheath and poked me in the palm. Yeouch!

D'Holder hunter.

German amber and thuya burl (I think) handle. Damasteel blade. Recent acquisiton from another forumite.

Attachments

• dscn2680.jpg
    dscn2680.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 118
Terry Primos.

A nice little hunter. 1084 steel. Nope, it's not a scratch. A piece of thread.

Attachments

• dscn2678.jpg
    dscn2678.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 143
Fisk Jamencia.

His only line of integral. 1084 steel, and stag handle.

Attachments

• dscn2681.jpg
    dscn2681.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 137
Fisk Sendero Damascus.

1084 and nickel. Bone handle.

Attachments

• dscn2682.jpg
    dscn2682.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 117
Fisk Gyumbaha Damascus.

1084 and nickel. Elephant Ivory.

Attachments

• dscn2683.jpg
    dscn2683.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 108
The mother of all hunters. No need introduction.

Attachments

• dscn2684.jpg
    dscn2684.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 159
Charlie Ochs.

Simple, but I like it alot. 52100 steel, stag slab.

Attachments

• dscn2687.jpg
    dscn2687.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 112
Coop - feel free to clog away buddy - fantastic images as always! I thought I was done drooling over that Hancock, but I was wrong. :D :eek:

Danbo - you're right - the Newton is scary sharp. I recently had sheath custom made for it, so I should be safe.

Beluga - great knives buddy - this one has me green with envy:

orig.jpg

Roger

This one is mine.
Handle is Musk Ox crown.
I only have 3 hunters.:(
You guys have some great knives and pictures.

site1009.jpg

My favorite hunter would be my Ed Fowler "Pronghorn" but everyone knows what they look like.

These are my Favorite Stag Hunters.

6430877.jpg

Here are some of my favorites.:D Pics taken by Mr. Blackwood and Mr. Doggett.
9.jpg

10.jpg

6.jpg

I like a basic, no frills, get the job done drop point. This one has green canvas micarta for a no slip grip, bead blasted 440C 3 1/2 inch flat ground blade and about 8 inches OAL.

had an idea but it does not work. Have found a good "payfor" hosting site and will give it a go I guess. Will take a bit of time to get everything straightened away though. Will enjoy seeing other imaage by those hunter collectors in BF.

Well, I'm going to try and post one of my favorites...
The first and original "Platypus" from Terry Primos. Blade is 1084 and the handle is thuya burl. And yep, she's mine.:D

Back