Let's see your primary EDC Hinderer(s)...please.

I carry this one quite often, 3". I love it!

_MG_2560.jpg

I was carrying this custom XM 18 3 inch from the lottery I won at Blade last year until I realized it would be irreplaceable for me and cost more than my Jeep Wrangler that I drive. So I have been carrying its behemoth big brother a XM 24 with smooth stonewashed Ti scale that matches the rest of the knife. I need to get a XM 18 3.5 with spanto blade.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 49
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 62
BTW- I may post this over in the current sharpening thread but, this is my EDC and has been for a couple years now and this is all I have ever done to maintain this edge. Yes, this is the knife that went half way thru my finger and into the bone.
I strop it on this old belt with some car wax and it turns paper into little swirly hairs (Spanto Grind)

I LOVE this Knife!
20130108_132829.jpg

I guess that's why mine are skull-free at the moment.:eek:

Thanks to all who have posted so far.

Sparky (the skull) just reminded me of all the Great things he has done and who was the "dummy" holding the knife
(that was ME:eek:)

Fun thread N2K ! Great Pics and the participation is greatly appreciated.

Well, I just got my shipment notification, so I should, hopefully, have a pic up of my first in a few days. Woot.

In my pocket daily whether I'm out or at home, Only leaves my pocket when I go to bed and then it's on a table next to me.:)

DSCN0757.jpg

DSCN0758.jpg

B--

Either you honey I shrunk the XM...or that Miracle Grow is working on artificial veggies like a lucky charm..:D

I liked the pony in your Christmas photos, now I'm digging the ARTificial fruit and veggie stuff.

The Hinderer I pick out of the drawer the most on a normal day is my very 1st Hinderer, this 3.5" Slicer Gen 4 non flipper, this knife has seen the most carry, use, & testing of my 3.5's.

My 1st ever Hinderer. 3.5" Gen 4 NF by ⓂⓄⒹⓘⒻⓘⒺⒹⓏ, on Flickr
The 3" Spanto on the bottom is my most carried 3" of all. This one I'll use to cut anything without thinking twice, I used it all day today to cut up cardboard at work becuase we ran out of cardboard that was pre cut to the size we need. If I had to guess it was about 30 ft of cardboard.

Rick Hinderer XM-18 Custom Knives by ⓂⓄⒹⓘⒻⓘⒺⒹⓏ, on Flickr
How about some custom Hinderer EDC,
These are my primary weekend EDC knives, sometimes Monday too, helps me get through the long boring day. The Flashpoint is always around my neck since I got it, use it several times a day at work. The Spanto is the most chosen, next would be the Recurve, the Bowie makes light work of anything because of the very thin tip, it's a little thinner than my Para 2.

Hinderer XM-18 Customs MODiFiEDZ by ⓂⓄⒹⓘⒻⓘⒺⒹⓏ, on Flickr

Since you work with so many, what is your favorite scale, Modifiedz? CF, G-10, Ti, or other?

Back