Let's see your primary EDC Hinderer(s)...please.

I have been experimenting with finishes and accessories and have decided on these. Stonewash finish, CF scales and silver Skull filler tabs. I carry the 3" to work and the 3.5" every where else. MY OCD is getting the better of me because I want the scales to match. LOL Now to find a XM24 to complete (figuratively) my set before I move on to a custom.

Only things my XM seems to cut these days other than boxes at work...actually just a small nick, but lots of them.

Got my bronze 3.5" slicer with today. My first Hinderer (Thank you Pedro Gonzalez wherever you are!). It's temporarily got a green translucent scale on it till I get another orange one in tomorrow. :D LOVE this knife. It's the one I will never get rid of. Tomorrow will be my first double hinderer day. So excited. Got a blue anodized slicer flipper and a wharncliffe coming.

bronze-adodized_hinderer_1.jpg

bronze-adodized_hinderer_2.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh, I hear you! I MUST FIND a smooth CF (well - and then a textured, and then two CF frag) so my 3" can match my 3.5". I've been avoiding the -24 because I think I will find it too big for my taste, BUT my OCD might compel me otherwise in the spirit of "completing" the set (it'll never truly be complete will it?)..

I have been experimenting with finishes and accessories and have decided on these. Stonewash finish, CF scales and silver Skull filler tabs. I carry the 3" to work and the 3.5" every where else. MY OCD is getting the better of me because I want the scales to match. LOL Now to find a XM24 to complete (figuratively) my set before I move on to a custom.

Great combination AZ2AK I have the smooth cf and a bronze skull on my bronze anodized xm18. I'm going to buy a xm18 slicer in the next two weeks and plan on having a smooth or frag cf with silver skull. :)

Great combination AZ2AK I have the smooth cf and a bronze skull on my bronze anodized xm18. I'm going to buy a xm18 slicer in the next two weeks and plan on having a smooth or frag cf with silver skull. :)

Thanks Jensen! But, as much as I'd like to, I can't take credit - those are CMD's knives/pics ;)

When (IF) I can ever get my hands or a 3" smooth CF and/or a 3.5" Frag CF I'll be able to put that up (w/out the skulls though, not really my thing)!! I would actually love to get all three type of CF for both 3.5" & 3".. Well, then I also would need to to double up the smooth scales because I'm planning on polishing & waxing mine because I really like the deep/wet look but as I was browsing through polishes and waxes and babbling to my wife about it, she tells me "but I like the matte look better" :) Oh, the humanity!

So, in the meantime, I'll just have to settle for 3.5" smooth and textured CF and a 3" Ti Frag ;)

t6qa7Ka.jpg

Cheers!
Shane

Back