Let's see your Scout/Camp knives

I like a Scout pattern, but I only have one at the present time. Not to count SAK's of course. I almost forgot I had this one. It's a Schrade Cut Co and from what limited research I have done on it it was manufactured before 1939. It is as I found it at a Gun Show in Middle Tennessee. I knew it was old and it was in excellent condition, so I bought it. It is as tight and sound as the day it was made. The bone speaks for itself! These may not be the most flattering photos but they are all I have at the moment. There have been some beautiful examples posted in this thread. I sure hope I am not getting another addiction! :eek:

24026974180_d08b740852_b.jpg

23954746949_6eb97e465a_b.jpg

North Shore, I have a Ka-Bar just like yours, except all the blades/tools are relatively easy to open. I saw another one that looked the same but it was marked "Kamp Knife" on one of the scales. John

Last edited:
Let's see- Western, Kutmaster, Robeson, Camillus, Camillus.
wrJyKkY.jpg

I just received in the same Camillus saw scout.

rTXv1tIh.jpg

I also received a new Camillus-made, for United Cutlery, for the Sierra Club, saw scout. This will most likely be my EDC camp knife, replacing my Camillus C4. I won it on the auction from the estate of a former Camillus employee. It has a few odd quirks in the fit and finish department, but is excellent from a functional perspective. The resin impregnated hardwood covers should last longer than me.

4mpIH51h.jpg

I just received in the same Camillus saw scout.

rTXv1tIh.jpg

I also received a new Camillus-made, for United Cutlery, for the Sierra Club, saw scout. This will most likely be my EDC camp knife, replacing my Camillus C4. I won it on the auction from the estate of a former Camillus employee. It has a few odd quirks in the fit and finish department, but is excellent from a functional perspective. The resin impregnated hardwood covers should last longer than me.

4mpIH51h.jpg
I had no idea there were so many saw scouts. Or that Camillus made knives for United.
I like having the knife blades on the central spring of a multi-layer.

swaybacksteve,
Great looking Western. I picked up one that must have been a "Second" as all you can read in the tang is "U.S.A" and above that a engraved line thru what ever was there. The only thing wrong was the tip of the awl was messed up, took me about 2 minutes with a diamond hone to fix it, the blade and the other tools are in great shape. Because of the tip it only cost me $10. John

Last edited:
Back