Lets see your woods knives with a 7-10" cutting edge

Here are my current big blades I carry. The Tusker in the first pic is the very first ever made. Still going strong.
Scott

Picture384.jpg

Picture387.jpg

Wow, I LOVE the lines and the full convex grind on that Big Mike's Camp Knife! :thumbup: Who is the maker of that? Did you make it Big Mike?

Thank you my friend, :thumbup: ...it is indeed of my own creation. :cool:

It has proven to be a very useful field tool.

It also answered my question about how a large recurve would work as a camp and trail knife,

...for me it works just fine, and it chops better then other 7" blades I have tested.

Big Mike

Last edited:
001dy.jpg

Oh if the BK9 is out there here is the one that got me through 5 or 6 seasons before the Dogfather and B11 came to take her place....

Now she is right at home as my little brothers first real camp knife.

This one is going to be my camp knife. I know the tip is thin, but as long as I aint stabbing through doors its going to work just fine. It is made from 1/4" thick 1084 steel and mesquite scales.

Picture388.jpg

Picture387.jpg

I have a dogfather and battle rat but this Laconico Camp Knife is the best looking one I own.

RLCamp3.jpg

RLCamp1.jpg

Did you take the scales off when you stripped these? if so what is the process for that and reattaching them? something I can to at home with basic tools or no?

7-10, lets see

For starters, a Busse FFBM: 10 inch blade and about .3 thick since I stripped it

If the FFBM is too big, then the Busse NMSFNO: 8 inch blade and a little less than .25 since I stripped it also

I no longer carry this one, but it has a lot of history for me.

5245288166_9d9466b46f_b.jpg

When I was 11 my dad let me buy it at one of the shops on base, and I used it every time I went outside after that. As of right now, it is the only possession I have from my childhood, and while I don't use it anymore, I love it more than anything.

Slightly modified Heavy Heart:

FSH2-DragonFur.jpg

For me its the 'perfect' go-to SAR/Backcountry knife...

Cheers,

Back