Lets talk GEC!

I think they look close to the 2 bld 14's before buffing too.
I think those turned out nice!
QoSgO6S.jpg

iJ9vbQF.jpg

Hey Jake, or anyone who might know, is the #54 going to be a single spring? Also, is the #35 configuration...true? I like it, contrary to a number of folks, I guess. Heck, if nothing else it looks fun. plus I never got a STREK (yet), so...:rolleyes::p:D

35 is for real. Ungainly but I like weird knives and this one fits the bill. I heard the 54s are single blade spears so, I imagine they will have one spring.

Edit: Whoops, wrong again. They have some clip and spear big jacks coming, those'll be two springs for certain.

I see we have some DI Big Jacks coming up, has GEC used Desert Ironwood before?

i believe those will be a dlt trading sfo in which dlt supplied the handle materials to be used. i don't think gec has used desert ironwood beford, but i could be wrong.

CORRECTION: the SFO is for The Knife Connection

Last edited:
Anxious for notice to pay for my CK African Blackwood Improved 48 which will mean it will soon be heading my way...........:rolleyes:

I sent Maher & Grosh an email about their SFO. They said it is in production but don't have a time line or pricing yet. Love me some moose!

I look forward to seeing more about that Maher & Grosh Bull head on the 54 pattern.
I do as well. Ken mentioned at the Dalton knife show that they were doing a SFO through GEC. Have to wait and see pricing and so forth. Their first knife was made by Queen.

What's everyone's experience with the QC of the Bullnoses?

Just got mine and the blade seems to be hitting the back spring and I'm debating whether to send her back.

Just got mine and the blade seems to be hitting the back spring and I'm debating whether to send her back.
The pull is pretty stiff, but I haven't noticed the blade hitting the back spring on my two.

Are you letting the blade snap shut from half stop?
If so, that is known as blade wrap, and can be avoided.

That being said, it has been a stated issue that some folks have been having contact between the blade and the center pin. Due to GEC trying to sink as much blade as possible into the frame.
It has also been said that though GEC will likely take it back on a warranty return, a few sharpening sessions should remove enough blade to get past the offending material and offer the clearance needed.

This last run of 71s that i got hit the spring, it took alot of sharpening but is just fine now.

Back