M-TYPE and HYPER in Hawaii!!!

Chad, the serrations on the comboedges of your MPT and MType are some of the SICKEST teeth I've ever seen.... (in a good way ;)) :thumbup:

mptblack021.jpg

mptblack031.jpg

Aloha Knifebro,

Hey thanks a lot for the great pics...that Star Wars pic is SICK as well...(in a good way!:p)

Man that Potterma does great work...

God bless and take care:cool:

Those blades Rock the KAAZBAH!! I'm really like'n your stuff and I'm not the only one, as you know. Keep em come'n! Thanks, Chad.
Lycosa

Aloha Lycosa,

LOL, mahalo for the great comment..."Rock the Kaazbah"!!! That's a definite first time expression used here...or anywhere for that matter!:D

God bless and again, thank you!:cool:

Aloha Vivi,

Yes, the "M" is a brute. There is a bit of heft to it, at least to me when compared the Trance in pocket. Blade shape is nice, and I detected something "copper looking" at the pivot...bronze washer!!!

Not sure when it'll hit the US...Terry will know more about that.

Mahalo for your support, and it'll fit your mitts for sure!
God bless:cool:

I've been very satisfied with the construction quality of my Wharcom and Trance. Bronze washers and G10 handles will be an appreciated upgrade though.

I carry a Spyderco Manix most days, so the M won't be much hassle to carry. I'm another fan of the low ride clips as well.

Thanks for those photos. I'm anticipating these two knives more and more. Only question is CE or PE first.

Thanks ofr the news! I await the day that THE PHARMACY has them in stock. Great new designs Chad! :thumbup:

Hi Chad.

Those are some great looking knives, congratulations again. :thumbup:
I see you don't waste your time, do you? ;)

Awesome knives Chad!
I've been carrying your Trance for a few months now.
Now I'll have to get the M as well. Wifes not gonna be happy...
Congrats!

Wow...wow...wow...sorry Chad, I'm kind of speechless with these knives. The designs you put out and the quality of mfg, construction, and materials that Boker has been using with your knives is simply amazing at their price point. I've seriously thought about selling my pricier knives as I just can't find use for them any longer. It use to be that the lower priced knives didn't appeal to me due to a combination of poor materials or unattractive design. The higher priced ones just had designs that were unique and more attractive to me. With your knives tho, they bridge the gap and offer the unique and attractive designs that seem reserved to pricier knives at a much lower price point. I almost don't want to get these just so I have reasons to keep using my Lone Wolf, limited edition Buck, and Spydero knives. Don't worry tho, I WILL GET THESE. They're just too damn nice and attractive to pass up.

Mahalo Chad!

Oh Chad, THE HYPER - Is the blade thickness the same as the Trance?
& What is the blade thickness of the "M"?

Thanks

I'm new to Bokers and was looking at the Trance.
Now the Hyper is looking good to me.
Where is everyone looking to buy it on line?
I saw a couple of reference but I couldn't find them.
Thaks

Thanks

Hi Gullwing.

On the Hyper the blade thickness is a tiny bit more then 2 mm. From the horizontal swedge beneath the thumbstud it gradually thins down towards the edge of the blade. The handle thickness is 5/16" so approx 8 mm.

On the M-Type the handle thickness is 3/8" 1cm.
The blade will be a bit thicker probably arround 3mm.

Greets

Now that I see both the Hyper and Trance (partial serrated) what would be the advantages and disadvantages of each of them or what benefits does one have over the other?

They both look great to me and I'm looking for something that would tilt the scales to one or the other.

I would use the knife as a EDC and for hiking/camping (along with a SAK).

Thanks

Well, I'm not Chad, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night (sorry for the bad commercial reference).

Maarten got you pretty close, but since my Hyper and M-Type came in today, I can give you measurements.
Hyper
Blade .097" thick
Handle .310" thick

M-Type
Blade 0.111" thick
handle 0.368" thick

:cool:

Now that I see both the Hyper and Trance (partial serrated) what would be the advantages and disadvantages of each of them or what benefits does one have over the other?

They both look great to me and I'm looking for something that would tilt the scales to one or the other.

I would use the knife as a EDC and for hiking/camping (along with a SAK).

Hi dexter,

I think this is a hard question as both the trance or Hyper share simular caracteristics.

The Hyper come in 440C steel HRC 58
The Trance come in AUS8 steel HRC 56
Blade length is the same. Hyper 100 gram Trance 91 gram.

I like both steels and would not prefer one over the other. I find these steels easy to sharpen .

When you choose the partial serrated version i think the Hyper would have my favor as this one has the new Titanium finish which should be a bit better over the older finish used on the Trance. The finish on the Trance would probably wear off easier.

I suggest you to wait till the Hyper is available at a local dealer so you can handle them both and decide which one you prefer.

Greets Maarten

Maarten,
thanks for the reply.
I'm liking the Hyper for the steel hardness and finish as you mention.
The Trance for the blade shape.
It is close though.

All these new blades, and here I am fresh out of biscuit jokes. :eek:

Hey Chad I sent you an email around New Year's, I hope you received it.

Nice woodie Brian, is that african blackwood?? Less Chadoyance on this one as on true lignum or that birbunda stuff? don't you think?

Back