M-TYPE and HYPER in Hawaii!!!

Chad,

Great photo of all three knives together. It puts everything in perspective (pun intended). Hope all is well in Hilo (I thin that's where it was mentioned that you live) saw on the news today that they were evacuating residents due to a lava flow. Good luck!

Chad,

Great photo of all three knives together. It puts everything in perspective (pun intended). Hope all is well in Hilo (I thin that's where it was mentioned that you live) saw on the news today that they were evacuating residents due to a lava flow. Good luck!

Aloha wintermute,

Nah, no worries...the lava flow was actually a few crates of C110's that were gonna get dropped on the Big Isle.:p Kidding...actually, I am pretty far away from it, but I do live in a "flow zone"...cripes.

Mahalo much for your thoughts, and God bless.:cool:

(Yoda imitation): "Biscuits? Heh! Burnt Biscuits? HEH! "Chadoyance"...how you get away with posting words of this kind? Hmmmmmm...meditate on this, I shall."

Um, "chadoyance"???:rolleyes:

Daywalker, "chadoyance" is a new phrase concocted by Maarten after The Deacon posted pix of his potterma pimped Bubinga Subclaw (scroll down to post #14) here:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31164
where Paul states: "The chatoyance of Bubinga is incredible. I has depth and shimmer that is more like M-O-P or Tiger's Eye than wood..." :p

Daywalker, "chadoyance" is a new phrase concocted by Maarten after The Deacon posted pix of his potterma pimped Bubinga Subclaw (scroll down to post #14) here:
where Paul states: "The chatoyance of Bubinga is incredible. I has depth and shimmer that is more like M-O-P or Tiger's Eye than wood..." :p

Ah-haaaaaah...now it makes sense.:rolleyes:

"Chadoyance", eh? Hmmmmmm, sounds like good name for a FB with Bubinga wood handle scales.:D

God bless and thanks for stopping by clbdesign.info bro!:cool:

WOW Chad, another GREAT looking couple of knives!! The HYPER looks very sweet to me!! It could possible replace the Lava that has been clipped to my pocket for a long time now. I am with you though, where is my torx driver:).

Ron

hey Chad, the Hyper and MType are very impressive, I hope you have plans for a wharncliffe blade variation for them down the road.....I think Doc Snubnose will enjoy them ;):cool:

Ah-haaaaaah...now it makes sense.:rolleyes:

"Chadoyance", eh? Hmmmmmm, sounds like good name for a FB with Bubinga wood handle scales.:D

God bless and thanks for stopping by clbdesign.info bro!:cool:

Hey guys, the word is actually "chatoyancy".
Haven't heard of it with respect to bubinga, but it's certainly a characteristic of koa.
Definitely not your everyday word, though!

More info: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/chatoyancy

so I've been carrying the Mtype and Hyper (both PE) for more than a few days now... the Hyper is like an alternative to the Trance-sized knife and those hollow slots through the G-10 handle make it real lightweight and the whole openframe design is great for food prep as drying time after washing the knife is minimal.... the Ti nitride (?) coating on the blade gives it the "smoked herring" finish :p ...i'm very impressed with its abrasion resistance to cardboard.... the Hyper's G-10 scale feels better in my hand than the handle of the Trance...... I think the G-10 texture on these Bokers are about on par with the texture of the Spyderco Military for example....maybe a shade less coarse :confused:..... but really grippy :thumbup:
The MType though has stolen the show from the Hyper b/c it just feels awesome in the hand....like a Paramilitary sized knife.... the thick G-10 slab has like 1mm? deep grooves cut into the surface which are fantastic for traction... the MType handle imho should be a great "platform" for a wharnieblade variation :cool: Great job Chad and Boker :thumbup:
oh yeah, i forgot to mention, my M Type comboedge and my 2nd Mule is due today from my favorite Pharmacy...so its a happyday :)

Back