Mashed Cat sheaths for FK and EDC

Let's see some pics when they start landing please. Not sure Eric will be able to knock my Sagewood out of my personal top spot, but I am always curious to see the latest.

Let's see some pics when they start landing please. Not sure Eric will be able to knock my Sagewood out of my personal top spot, but I am always curious to see the latest.

Very different types of sheaths, sagewood vs mashed cat. To me, where Eric's really shine is when you're doing a lot of use-resheath-use-resheath work. Eric's sheaths draw smoother than any other kydex I've used to this point, and this one for the Field Knife is what I've come to expect from him, a perfect fit.

I don't have my forest green g10 fk here to do a color check. I'll bet this od green sheath would go good with Nate's green & black g10 scales.

Ivan, thank you very much for making us aware of this, and also for allowing your blade to be used as a template blade. Cheers my friend.

Dave

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Dave. I hear you on the leather vs kydex. I would love a nice kydex user of course. How do you like it compared to Kiah?

That looks like a definite must have for these FK's, HK!

Thanks bud. I think so. I might see if one of the sagewood danglers fit it.

Thanks for sharing Dave. I hear you on the leather vs kydex. I would love a nice kydex user of course. How do you like it compared to Kiah?

I'm trying to go over the pros/cons of both of these in my head. I've had Eric build lots of customs. I've never sent a custom into Kiah for a build, but have had lots of his on S!Ks. These guys are my two favorite makers, and I've never had a bad sheath from either, not even so much as a split eyelet, so short 'con' list, ha.

I really like Kiah's use of slots, so accommodating for attachments. Eric's work is just really clean, and I don't know how he gets the balance of no-rattle retention with that slick draw, but he does it.

If I had my heart set on adding 'extras' to the sheath, then Kiah, no doubt. For a straight, clean user, I'd give the nod to Eric. But man they're both top notch benders, you won't go wrong with either of them Justin. Is Kiah taking sheath orders for the FK, too?

Damn HK, that is a clean, sound kydex sheath right there. Looks great. Can't wait to get mine. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Damn HK, that is a clean, sound kydex sheath right there. Looks great. Can't wait to get mine. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Glad to do it Christian. What color did you have built?

Here's a sagewood dangler on the MC sheath. The same one that fits my last gen gso 4.1 lined up just right.

Glad to do it Christian. What color did you have built?

Here's a sagewood dangler on the MC sheath. The same one that fits my last gen gso 4.1 lined up just right.

Black g10 on the FK and black kydex from Eric. Luke helped me to get one on the last sale for them.

Nice and simple colours...or nice and boring, depending how you see it :p

The dangler looks super cool also. Love the look of kydex and leather mix. Might have to look into getting one of those if i dont get a setup from Chiral

HK, nice setup with the sagewood dangler! I cannot wait to get my sheath.

Don

Ivan, thank you very much for making us aware of this, and also for allowing your blade to be used as a template blade. Cheers my friend.

Dave

Dave, you helped this happen as your praise of Eric's work, among others, encouraged me to seek out some time in his schedule. Very nice sheath! I'm glad you were able to take advantage of this run!

I haven't seen too many examples of taco-style, so I ordered a set from Eric.

The quality is top notch. No rattle whatsoever with the blade inserted. All seams are sealed and buffed. Good retention with an audible click when locked in. Very satisfied customer here. 👍

Last edited:
Dave, you helped this happen as your praise of Eric's work, among others, encouraged me to seek out some time in his schedule. Very nice sheath! I'm glad you were able to take advantage of this run!

I haven't seen too many examples of taco-style, so I ordered a set from Eric.

Those look great! I have always gone with pancake-style kydex from Eric. Seeing these makes me realize I need to try his taco-style as well! Thanks for posting them.

lUNQF6F.jpg

ooonypv.jpg

32075356550_9fce1f729a_b.jpg

I set my FK sheath with a drop loop from
Eric. The fit and finish are perfect as usual. Can't ask for more.

Coiledwire, many thanks for making this happened. Cheers!

Don

After seeing the taco version and the pancake version, it'll be tough to choose one!
Thanks for sharing Coiledwire and donscpoo!!

Back