Maxpedition Bottle holder kit, review and pics

I been thinking of getting this for a while now, but don't know if i should get the 12x5 or 10x4.

Which is better the 12x5 or 10x4 for the stainless bottle to fit inside of it?

What size are the stainless bottle with stainless cup i keep seeing in here?

GSI Outdoors Glacial Stainless Bottle Cup (Only one size as far as i know)
Nalgene Guyont Designs 38oz Stainless bottle (not the backpacker one with the smaller diameter bottom)

both holders fit the bottle perfectly. it just depends if you want to have an extra 2'' of room above or below the bottle to store stuff.

GSI Outdoors Glacial Stainless Bottle Cup (Only one size as far as i know)
Nalgene Guyont Designs 38oz Stainless bottle (not the backpacker one with the smaller diameter bottom)

both holders fit the bottle perfectly. it just depends if you want to have an extra 2'' of room above or below the bottle to store stuff.

Awesome...I know exactly what to get now...thanks.

I like this, I never have carried a good pack on me when I hunt because I don't like fanny packs and don't like large backpacks. Any chance of some pics of it on or with something for size comparison?

do you store anything in the bottle or it's just empty?

Red

my bottle is full of water :)

pic on

gearedup.jpg

I remember seeing the small .308 as well.

A packable .308, YIKES!

On a more serious note, does anyone have a picture of a Falcon II with the 12x5 bottle holder? I've seen pictures with the 10x4 but I'm curious to see how well the 12x5 fits with that pack. I just keep going back and forth on which one to get.

Also, for those who have a Khaki/ Foliage pack, what color bottle holder do you/ would you get? Is the Khaki bottle holder the same color as the Khaki in that pack?

Last edited:
A packable .308, YIKES!

On a more serious note, does anyone have a picture of a Falcon II with the 12x5 bottle holder? I've seen pictures with the 10x4 but I'm curious to see how well the 12x5 fits with that pack. I just keep going back and forth on which one to get.

Also, for those who have a Khaki/ Foliage pack, what color bottle holder do you/ would you get? Is the Khaki bottle holder the same color as the Khaki in that pack?

oops on the packable .308...but how sweet would that be if you could get over the kick?

I have a Condor II in khaki as well as my bottle holder kit. they are all the same color

Messing around with my bottle holder again and I rigged up a better way to carry my Mora on it. I found a little keeper strap I had laying around, so I drilled a hole in the sheath and screwed it on.
P1000245.jpg

Now it stays put a lot better, and the snap strap makes it easy to just unsnap and carry it somewhere else if wanted. This little bottle carrier is great for short hikes, I was leery of dropping $30 on it but I really use it quite a bit.
P1000246.jpg

those Mora's look like almost like they were made for the holders (or vice versa :))

It really does slide in there perfectly! It keeps the whole thing nice and light too. And the coloring is even close, now I just gotta match my shoes to it :D

Those look pretty cool actually :thumbup: Right now when I'm going light I wear low top Merrell Moab's, but the Montrail stuff looks great.

I've got some Moab mids- great boots :), one of the few outfits that offer wide sizes; I've since found that Montrail Sabino Trail and the AT+ pic'd above both offer a wider than normal footbox (not so good if you have a narrow foot however)

Good stuff Tixx....

Tknife, your setup looks nice too!

I love these bottleholders. Great piece of kit.

Last time I met J, he confessed that he actually hates maxpedition bottle rig set-ups. It was among his worst regrets in his forum posting having starting this thread as it is a constant reminder of his flawed thinking at the time :D :D :D

Maybe I'm dramatizing a little bit ;)

J will be forever immortalized! It's one of the longest running threads in W&SS :D

Last time I met J, he confessed that he actually hates maxpedition bottle rig set-ups. It was among his worst regrets in his forum posting having starting this thread as it is a constant reminder of his flawed thinking at the time :D :D :D

Maybe I'm dramatizing a little bit ;)

If I find the time, I can try to review the pros and cons as I have a Camelbak Mule and use that often for hiking. Having this experience was fun and the look of this setup is cool. I wish I could find a straw to put into the Nalgene so I would not have to unzip, take it out and then drink.

Back