Photos Mega Swamp Rat Fail

Pre ordered this knife for $300 before is was released. First time using it I cut some tinder off of a couple logs and playfully chopped a couple small chunks out without much force and as you can see it broke the blade. Blade edge started to bend and become wavy while slicing small pieces of tinder prior to the break. Can’t upload the pictures. Here is the link on Reddit.

Last edited:
Pre ordered this knife for $300 before is was released. First time using it I cut some tinder off of a couple logs and playfully chopped a couple small chunks out without much force and as you can see it broke the blade. Blade edge started to bend and become wavy while slicing small pieces of tinder prior to the break. Can’t upload the pictures. Here is the link on Reddit.

Last edited:

Let’s not Nutt Ride the owner here lmao nobody is poking fun or Venting I’m just showing what happened its really interesting to see this.

Last edited:
Barely chopping
Yes, i understand. That’s what makes it seem like a fluke. It could be something went wrong with the heat treatment. Or even an impurity in the steel itself? Send it in and get a replacement, see if it happens again.

Have you read this?

WoW, do you work at Cern...Did you put that thing in a particle accelerator collider? joking... I doubt you will have any problems getting a new one that Won't do that. Thanks for posting pics!

Back