Mod, supermod changes and more.

I could not agree more. We do have to look around and be "everywhere" at all times so to speak.

Revdevil would you agree that often members with high itrades help monitor the exchange ? And respond to repair GBU ?? Hopefully no one wants to see the forum in ANY area suffer. That being said, my remarks regarding selecting a Mod. and offering 3 names was my input. I NEVER said, 338375 that anyone should be removed from consideration because of where they spend their time. I did mention that when a Mod enters the "adult" sections, he MUST remove his mod. hat. No one IMO does this better than Rev. A short review of the past will show, including the last 3 days days, where Mods. and Mod. Candidates can not keep on track. I feel my 3 guidelines would help solve that, again opinion.

This was posted in Tech.Support, and actually dragged the "Adult" section here into where I Guess Spark/Kevin actually wanted input. This is the point, IMO that the entire forum begins to suffer. And IMO it is planned to keep the avg. member from posting as they do not want the drama. Many avenues of knife discussion exist . This tactic, prevalent on this forum gets a lot of attention elsewhere, as to why others do not frequent here. Regardless of topic, I feel a large crowd, brings greater opportunities. I am in no way against any group or topic they chose. I do feel it is the mods. job to see the lanes stay open and the information flowing to ALL involved. I would Never, Never want to see any section closed, but feel strongly the only way to protect freedoms is via a strong guard. One focused on the end desired survival of all. And that requires members who can reply accordingly, and honestly. Showing a lack of control in any area IMO suggest what that member can not control themselves. Nothing happens here unless someone drags it in or out of a sub. , please think about it. Gates are meant to keep things out as well as things in. And Gatekeepers/Mods must understand that. Post all they want, but only enforce the rules, and never react to a situation they start. It's that simple, IMO. After all that is what the last several days have been about, Mods. molding the mud they cast. Please consider SPKETCHEN, SETH GREEN AND KELEMA .
I strongly support an open forum for all members, free of any drama, AND the right for those wishing to post in areas created by the owner and reserved for more adult conversation to enjoy their time WITHIN and only within such areas.

I just dont understand why the w&c forums are held to a different standard.

Maybe because they always like to point out how they are different?

[bold/underline mine]
You're probably right, but agendas are still agendas, and when you take an implicit public swipe at others, don't be surprised if you are rationally and publicly questioned about the basis.

Indeed........

I just re-read the heading to this thread and it is my hope the "and more" includes a Moderator relocation to Siberia................................

[bold/underline mine]
The problem begins when one Mod thinks it is his in powers to come into those areas, and start causing trouble, making it a personal quest to stir up trouble, and not knowing when to let it go.

Yeah, I hate when people don't know when to let it go, too.

The complaint was posted; and the owner of the site acknowledged it and said he was looking into it. Your continued whining is insufferable. Now, if you have a useful comment, like Treeshaker's, then by all means, let's hear it.

I have seen plenty of examples where moderators participate in threads, get a bit bent, then put their mod hats on. I have been in threads where mods break their own rules, for their own purposes. For those complaining about certain mods, the easiest thing to do is when you see THAT mod in a thread, abandon it at THAT mods first post. If you are interested in more conversation about a subject, take it off line. Problem solved. After all, we are only talking about knives here, such a tiny little piece of the world that none of my friends even know this place exists.

This is excellent advice. For all the talk of "ignoring", it would seem to me that doing so BEFORE something blows into a problem would be far more productive than doing it ex post facto as just another silly show of faux power.

All kidding aside, I think that anyone that gets the super mod appointment should be required to spend thirty days under the aegis of Esav Benjamin. I don't recall a misstep by him, a loss of temper (maybe a bit prickly when provoked) or patience, and always even handed. He gives sufficient warning when things are going astray, and I don't recall (and at this point wouldn't believe) him ever making a threatening post for his own benefit using his position as a super mod.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Esav is a very professional mod, and would be a good model for anyone just entering the job.

Yeah, I hate when people don't know when to let it go, too.

The complaint was posted; and the owner of the site acknowledged it and said he was looking into it. Your continued whining is insufferable. Now, if you have a useful comment, like Treeshaker's, then by all means, let's hear it.

My insufferable whining ? Seriously ? If you truly feel that is the case, perhaps you have some evidence to support it. If you don't STFU... :mad:
If my posts bother you that much, put me on ignore. You really won't hurt my feelings...

There... I made a useful comment. How's that ? :grumpy:

My insufferable whining ? Seriously ? If you truly feel that is the case, perhaps you have some evidence to support it. If you don't STFU... :mad:
If my posts bother you that much, put me on ignore. You really won't hurt my feelings...

There... I made a useful comment. How's that ? :grumpy:

No, that one was pretty much useless, too. And I don't need the help of special software to ignore someone.

Whenever you feel smart enough to match my argument, you let me know.

No, that one was pretty much useless, too. And I don't need the help of special software to ignore someone.

Whenever you feel smart enough to match my argument, you let me know.

You don't have an argument, so don't flatter yourself...

I told you if you were going to make accusations about me whining, show the proof. I guess you couldn't find any. There is a good chance that is because I don't whine...

That's my final comment to you about this, because we have drifted off the topic of Sparks thread.. There are other places for this kind of conversation, or you can send me a P.M with your evidence...

[bold/underline mine]
You don't have an argument, so don't flatter yourself...

I told you if you were going to make accusations about me whining, show the proof. I guess you couldn't find any. There is a good chance that is because I don't whine...

That's my final comment to you about this, because we have drifted off the topic of Sparks thread.. There are other places for this kind of conversation, or you can send me a P.M with your evidence...

LOL.....I doubt the underlined is true.

I cited your post. Unsupported repetition of another thread with unsupported allegations. Your whining is an extension of theirs; and YOU brought it here, not me.

Spark is addressing it. Let him. Stop whining.

I would respectfully submit 338375 for consideration.
He has shown himself to be even tempered and tactful when dealing with difficult posters.

I would respectfully submit 338375 for consideration.
He has shown himself to be even tempered and tactful when dealing with difficult posters.

Thanks. I truly appreciate the thought and compliment, but with my job usually being 12-15 hours a day, I don't think I have enough time every day to dedicate. Of course, if I'm not working, I'm usually on here lol...
Besides, I'm a total idiot when it comes to computers :D

So what is the new look of BFC Moderation? Who are the newly ordained mods and super-mods and where are their realms? Is there a master list somewhere? I need to know on which butts to firmly plant my lips.

So what is the new look of BFC Moderation? Who are the newly ordained mods and super-mods and where are their realms? Is there a master list somewhere? I need to know on which butts to firmly plant my lips.
I'm everywhere; you can start here... ;)

No moderators over on the Razors, Scissors, & Personal Grooming Forum. Cool. I'm gonna go over there and act all unruly.

No moderators over on the Razors, Scissors, & Personal Grooming Forum. Cool. I'm gonna go over there and act all unruly.

It's the Wild West in there. Spark tried to get Jose Moises Lopez, barber to major league baseball players across the country. But the dude just got his own TV show and is holding out for more carp.

Watch your step Rob...you can get maimed for life in that place:D:D They don't care for bearded hipsters in there or any kind of beards:cool::cool:

Charlie Mike? At first I was like WTH, but he'd probably be a great mod, because he has high interest in knives, he's not in with a circle of people to the extent it would influence his judgement. He has a mild temper, so he wouldn't try to throw his weight around. He's here a good bit and last but not least he's a fairly interesting person. :thumbup: (plus he's just crazy enough to take the job and stay:D)

I'd be interested if you would have me as one. I think I've mellowed out quite a bit after putting the "plug in the jug and the stash in the trash" ;)

CM would make an interesting mod. I wouldn't have a hard time learning and listening to what he has to say, but that's just me.

Back