Averages

• A = 2.671 ~ 2-5/8
  • B = 3.799 ~ 3-13/16
  • C = 3.347 ~ 3-5/16
  • D = 4.340 ~ 4-5/16
  • E = 1.876 ~ 1-7/8
  • Z = 1.5 (knot on Sarge's head) :D :eek:

Keep the numbers coming...

Federico - 2.5 is not that unusual, but did you measure the inside or outside?

Yvsa - perhaps that is why the YCS is so comfortable in my hand. What other khuks do you favor (handle-wise)?

A= 2.813
b= 3.875
c= 3.375
d= 4.375

Note: my right thumb is "mutated" it has no curve whatsoever as you go from base to tip and is longer than my non-khuk hand

A: 2.625
B: 3.625
C: 3.125
D: 4.125
E: 1.75

Note:

I think measurement E is essentially worthless as currently obtained. I have a large pad of flesh at the base of my thumb which compresses and redistributes when I grasp something. So the measurement is arificially low.

I think better would be to find the largest object of round cross-section that one can grasp with thumb and middlefinger touching, and report the more easily measured circumference of that object. Everyone should be able to find something around the house--olive jars, section of baseball bat, etc. Or...one of those khuks with the big handles.

Hey Pen, you aren't going to ask for shoe sizes and then sell the info to a computer dating service are you? :p

(Using 1950 wooden ruler. Not sure what modern measurements would be.)

A=2.75

B=3.50

C=3.25

D=3.50

E=? (ruler wouldn't bend.)

I must confess. Perhaps I could write a dissertation espousing the benefits of hands instead? An essay question? Could I just describe the hand? Or mention that a square grip (ie perpendicular to the handle) may be different than a more parallel grip, as that used in the sword arts?

I preferred to pass courses in college with cleverly wrought BS than quantitative evidence, thus firmly planting me in the Bachelor of the Arts degree category. In math, they know if you're BSing. In writing and english, they want you to BS, and then judge how convincing you are. :)

Keith

Keith - hope all this data doesn't make your head spin too much... :D

So far, there have been 28 submissions.

Here is the average hand:

• A = 2.690 ~ 2-11/16
  • B = 3.812 ~ 3-13/16
  • C = 3.367 ~ 3-3/8
  • D = 4.342 ~ 3-5/16
  • E = 1.894 ~ 3-7/8

When everyone has had a chance to measure up, I'll post full stats including an award for the "Biggest Handshake"...:eek: :D

Re: the "grip" measurement

However you want to get it is fine with me. So far, 2.5" is the largest and does seem kinda big - like being able to wrap your hand almost completely around a mason quart jar... yikes! :eek:

Anybody remember Andre the Giant? He had the biggest hands I've ever seen...:eek:

Here's a few pics for fun:

giant003.jpg

giant004.jpg

Originally posted by pendentive

Re: the "grip" measurement

However you want to get it is fine with me. So far, 2.5" is the largest and does seem kinda big - like being able to wrap your hand almost completely around a mason quart jar... yikes! :eek:

My hands aren't that huge - just long skinny fingers. 2.5" gets you 3/4 of the way around a mason jar. :cool:

Back