More K390, please

Thank you for your help! I already bought a DMT tapered diamond steel before I found this forum, now I know how to use it. I'm kind of invested in my Spyderco Tri-Angle sharpener, as I've bought the diamond steels and the ultrafine sticks, which works with my essential tremors. I wonder how well a Sharpmaker would work for someone like me with shaky hands (some days, the tremors vary from hour to hour, day to day). Right now the Tri-Angle sharpener helps me keep a consistent angle, will the Sharpmaker do that, too?
Two names for the same tool (we're talking about the same sharpener)

I love the Para 2 because of the wider "butt" of the handle, it works with my trembling hands, and the prominent big Spydie-hole makes it easy to open. I love the compression lock,and I prefer the weight of heavier scales.

Last edited:
A new Spyderco Meerkat would be a great platform for K390. At least I hope it happens as maybe a sprint run.

A question - as a dedicated newbie to Spyderco, how do you find and buy a Sprint knive?
I am not the most informed person but I bought a couple of the blue Zome Dragonfly and Delica sprint runs directly from Spyderco. Hopefully others with more Spyderco experience with chime in.

I think you can find them at various dealers. My understanding is collectors buy them up quickly so you gotta be paying attention to when one you want is released and buy quickly. But keep looking too. I have a 15v paramilitary2 I found on one online retailer right before Christmas for 100 dollars more than it went for normally. The higher price is why that knife was still there when that run was sold out month before everywhere else. (Yes I got it, it was still cheaper than a benchmade 940 in s90v and imo a higher quality knife and steel)

A question - as a dedicated newbie to Spyderco, how do you find and buy a Sprint knive?
I have purchased sprint runs directly from Spyderco and also from dealers. You just have to look around and see who has what you're looking for.

Just got my first K390 and I'm looking forward to see how it does. Love 15v, 10v, and maxamet so I have high hopes for it. I've really wanted the wharncliffe version of the Endela but as much as I love Spyderco I'm not a fan of the blades shape on these so re-ground it more to my liking.

IMG_4713.jpgIMG_4710.jpg

Back