Photos My Active Duties Compared

Soulrack223

Gold Member
I got my RAD in the mail yesterday and decided to pull out my other Active Duties to compare. Jaxx certainly has the ultimate Active Duty collection but I'm really only missing, IMO an Off Duty. I've had the opportunities to get SOME in the past but $$$... Anyway the RAD is just that, larger handle and blade but I prefer the original, as I have always found it to fit my hand perfectly. Here are my beauties:

6iKUdXM.jpg

Here are an Inactive Duty, SLUT (Super Light Ultra Thick) Duty, Heavy Duty, Military Active Duty, Boney Active Duty and Elmax. Thick to thin, an Off Duty would be far left. The RAD would be between the MAD and BAD.
8HMpf4a.jpg

RAD, MAD & BAD
8MJEgP2.jpg

Not INFI
OOz1yKl.jpg

Two strippers and a SLUT. :eek:
J2GKcCG.jpg

Two double cut ADs and the comparison of Green and Black G-10 to the Purple and Black.
Z6YNSgY.jpg

Rare Scales (I sent in a tan micarta BAD to the custom shop to have OD Green G-10 scales installed, otherwise unoffered.) Snakeskin, Camel Bone, Blaze Orange!
ErHQ5lD.jpg

Clip point and an Elmax I sent in to the custom shop to remove the talon hole to create an awesome caping knife. Reopen the Custom Shop!
w3GENwt.jpg

RAD compared to two standard sabre ground ADs.
7Zs6BtS.jpg

PKbE9nw.jpg

Last edited:
The active duty handle was great IMO. The blade was a little short. If the RAD had kept the original handle size and only grown the blade. It would be perfect.

Awesome collection!!!

The active duty handle was great IMO. The blade was a little short. If the RAD had kept the original handle size and only grown the blade. It would be perfect.

Awesome collection!!!

100% agree. I was surprised when I compared them this morning. Original handle with new blade size would be in the sweet spot. Maybe we can get one with a full flat grind too.

Never having held the original AD handle, I'll have to take your word for it. The handle on my RAD feels fantastic, though. Love the blade length.
Fantastic collection you have!

Wow that is cool, thank you for doing it.
Impressive collection for sure.

Funny thing/little history about the Active duty's.
When they first came out there was a Tactical finish version w/black linen micarta and a Satin Finish version with snakeskin scales.
The Tactical version is rarely seen as it was only 30.00 more and almost everyone went for the satin snakeskin.

I have not seen more than 3 or 4 of the Tactical Finish w/black linen.

"The Strongest lock on the market..........None!!"

DY3zmFZ.jpg

When they first came out there was a Tactical finish version w/black linen micarta and a Satin Finish version with snakeskin scales.
The Tactical version is rarely seen as it was only 30.00 more and almost everyone went for the satin snakeskin.

DY3zmFZ.jpg
That's some cool history that I did not know. My snakeskin cost me a couple of extra C-notes.

Nice collection! I may have a lot, but yours is more complete 👍👍

DY3zmFZ.jpg
bri g back those prices please and thank you.

also black linen micarta with busse handle CNC machined texture.

OH BABY.

Fabulous collection! The SLUTS and BAD's are some of the best knives ever to come out of the Busse Shop. 👍:cool:

Back