My first DDR Finally Home !

Thank u Mr. Darrel and to the whole team u guys rock ! Will come back !
This would be my third folding knife. I usually collect bowie knives but the DDR folding knives are great.

lkZ9T.jpg

nkoIe.jpg

Very nice - and it looks to be very well made!

I like the deep carry clip - very nice!

Thanks for the pictures and congratulations!

best

mqqn

I have an another question: What is the utility of the tiny clip at the back ?

Its an over travel stop for the lock bar I believe. It prevents over reaching the lock bar and unspringing it.

Are you sure? The lockbar cutout ends well before that clip would come into play. I would say it is just a classy way to fill the holes for the alternate clip placement option.

best

mqqn

Are you sure? The lockbar cutout ends well before that clip would come into play. I would say it is just a classy way to fill the holes for the alternate clip placement option.

best

mqqn

It DOES say "lock stop" on it. I don't have any idea what that means though.

I have an another question: What is the utility of the tiny clip at the back ?
It's a place to hold screws. Seriously.

Ok not quite. The real purpose is if you flip the clip for tip up carry. You then put the lock stop on the top near the pivot to prevent from over extending the lockbar when you close the knife. With the clip mounted as you have it in the pic, the clip serves as the lock stop.

Last edited:
Thanks guys those are the specs from DDR website:

1. Bowie
2. Tanto (Expendables Movie Blade Style) 5.5 inch blade.
3. Dagger.

The Handle has a Aerospace Titanium knife frame, with a 3D carving engraved into the frame. The solid frame makes out frame lock knife one of the strongest out there. The S30V blade steel is one of the world’s best grades of steel for edge longevity The opening action comes with either a manual flipper, or SAO (Spring Assisted Open). The spring assisted opening is similar to a switchblade knife accept it is legal to carry in most of the U.S.A.

Blade material: S30V
Blade size: 5.5"
Case: Zippered Case
Clip: Tip Down Carry or Tip Up
Closed: 6"
Handle: Carved 3D frame or 3D Carved with Inlay
Thumb studs: Flipper
Weight: 6.2 oz.

Contact Us

Gaaaaahhhhh! I've been trying to resist getting an AXD for so long, but I think those awesome pics have finally pushed me over the edge. Congrats on a sweet knife!

So THAT'S who the knife was for, eh?

Bad-ass man. The AXD is a king in DDR's line of customs. May it serve you well.

I would like to know that story.

Gaaaaahhhhh! I've been trying to resist getting an AXD for so long, but I think those awesome pics have finally pushed me over the edge. Congrats on a sweet knife!

Well I took them myself :D get the knife U will be happy with it :)

I would like to know that story.

Not long ago there were images of an AXD posted to the Hot Off The Bench sticky thread. I was wondering who the lucky new owner was. Now we know. It's a real beauty.

I've already placed an order for an AXD with Darrel - just waiting for the word. :D

How much did that cost? I really want one! Selling my benchmade 42 to rack up cash.

Hey Jan that is one kickass blade, maybe I can check it out one day, we live 5 min fromeach other

Back