My First Spyderco

My first model was a Police. Now I have 12. My favorite everyday carry is the endura 4.

First Spyderco I used (not mine) was the Police. Back in mid 90's, used it for couple of weeks. Did't realize 20 years later I will have a bunch of Spydies.

My first purchased Spyderco was the Paramilitary 2. Although I no longer have my first one, PM2 is still my favorite.

Spyderco isn't known for assist open knives, but if you're a flicked, the Spydie hole makes it really easy to flick open consistently. I typically don't flick much anymore, but a quality manual open folder can be opened just as easily and consistently IMO. I liked assisted open knives when I first bought a Keshawn Leek a few years ago, but after picking up a Spydie, I really grew to prefer manual open knives. That way you have a choice if you want to flick it open or if you want to manually open it. It also make closing the knife easier, especially one handed. And there always the "less parts to fail" argument. But it's whatever you prefer.

But I got a little side tracked. My first Spyderco was a PM3. It had me wondering, "why would I want a bigger version of this?" I picked up an S110v PM2. Much preferred the PM2 because I thought the difference between the two while in pocket was extremely negligible. What I would do for a PM2 without a choil...

But I got a little side tracked. My first Spyderco was a PM3. It had me wondering, "why would I want a bigger version of this?" I picked up an S110v PM2. Much preferred the PM2 because I thought the difference between the two while in pocket was extremely negligible. What I would do for a PM2 without a choil...
There are 2 options for you Spyderco Tenacious and the Polestar. Polestar has better steal but neither of them have steel as good as the base PM2. I had a Tenacious for a long time and loved it until I could afford a
Para 2 S30V

The Tenacious is an EXCELLENT
knife.

The action is as smooth as some of higher end Spydies.

Yes it is. The steel is a little less than most of their other models but it isn't bad. It is a great value for what it costs from a major online retailer like KW, but for your price on closeout it is a very good deal.

I have been a Benchmade/ZT/Microtech man until today. I was at the local Wal-Mart grabbing some ammo and I saw a Spyderco knife in the case. I didn't know they carried them so I took a look. I know it's a lower-end model (The Tenacious), but they had it on Clearance for $27 so I grabbed it. I figured for a "Beater" it would be OK. I was extremely pleased with the Out-Of-Box sharpness.

The Tenacious is a great knife. You picked a good one. It will serve you well.

First Spyderco I used (not mine) was the Police. Back in mid 90's, used it for couple of weeks. Did't realize 20 years later I will have a bunch of Spydies.

My first purchased Spyderco was the Paramilitary 2. Although I no longer have my first one, PM2 is still my favorite.

Well I also got my first Spyder back in the mid 90s myself. It was at a Kansas City Gun Show and I had been wanting a high quality, fully serrated folder and I ended up buying a Stainless handled, GIN-1 Mariner model with a full Spyderedge. After that I've had an obsession with Spyderco knives and I've owned dozens and dozens of them and still have at least a third of them. I do have a few collector pieces but most of my Spyders now are in my "user's arsenal". My Quest For My Cosmic Spyder Continues on:D

Back