My Most Efficient Kinves Combo So Far

For lighting, as some added on the list, mine is a white Photon II with the upgraded keyring from Photon Freedom. Like the simple engineering of Photon II the best. For city EDC I use my stainless Kiwi only (which is not from the combo list), or either the Delica or SAK Soldier; while in an outdoor situation, I simply grab all four, put them in my bag and go.

Don't know about efficient, but my combo for camping would include my two regular edc's; a sak and a large single bladed locking folder (currently a Carson E&Eor Hinderer Firetac Extreme), to which I would add my Gerber Camp Axe, and a small Buck fixed blade for camp chores and cooking. Works pretty well for me!

I'm a combo man myself...

-Vic Soldier
-Ritter grip
-BK-10 Crewman
-and if I'm hunting, a dedicated fixed blade hunting knife, usually the sharpfinger or old Ericksson Scout knife depending on the day of the hunt...both are good luck! :)

Also, for heavier cutting chores...
-12" ontario machete
-GB Small Forests Axe
-Husky 136

I had to use the last three this weekend and had a good workout! The husky is a fairly small saw but it made easy work of several decent size oaks, up to 14" dia...like butter! Also, the 12 machete trimmed the branches easily as did the SFA..both are worth their weight in gold. The nice thing about having both the machet and SFA is that aside from being really great cutters, they require a different grip and as a hard day of cutting goes on, it's nice to switch tools to give certain musles a break and the SFA works well one handed and two handed. I had a lot of fun wood cutting!

Collecter

Back