My PSK sheath project

I started a few in Kydex today but it's not going all that well so I have nothing to share yet. Must have gotten rusty or that bad Karma migrated from Scott's shop to mine. I figured I'd have four formed and shaped and a couple leather ones cut out and glued up but I'm not even half that far. I'll air it out tomorrow and try again.

I started a few in Kydex today but it's not going all that well so I have nothing to share yet. Must have gotten rusty or that bad Karma migrated from Scott's shop to mine. I figured I'd have four formed and shaped and a couple leather ones cut out and glued up but I'm not even half that far. I'll air it out tomorrow and try again.
Some days are like that, not much we can do:mad: Hope you have a better day and look forward to seeing your creations:)

Some days are like that, not much we can do:mad: Hope you have a better day and look forward to seeing your creations:)

Thanks, IUKE12 - I did! Got behind this weekend but got a few hours in the shop. Once I got back in the swing, things got better. Here's what I got done.

This is higher-riding than I like on a "handle-heavy" knife so I am working on something else too. Leather to follow but I am afraid it will not look as nice as yours.
ZZ02SGPSK030608.jpg

Not where I wear a knife but where I can get a picture of me wearing a knife without hurting myself.
ZZ03SGPSK030608.jpg

Here's the "twins." The flat sheath is very "minimalistic" but has holes spaced for a small Tek-Lok for vertical, horizontal and 45 degree mounting. It could be used as a neck sheath but I plan on using it as a "slip" or a pocket sheath (pocket in a bag).
ZZ01SCPSK040608.jpg

Both are OD, .080" Kydex. The "tactical-looking," dull brass rivets look that way because I got tired of them splitting when swaging so I annealed them. When the brass hit the water, the coating blew off.

Jeff, those are outstanding, nice work all around:thumbup: Lots of talent here.

Jeff,
those are FANTASTIC!!!!! I am really impressed. So, how much you charging for one of those bad boys???:D
Seriously, nice job man.

You are getting pics posted VERY well too.

Brett
Thanks, IUKE12 - I did! Got behind this weekend but got a few hours in the shop. Once I got back in the swing, things got better. Here's what I got done.

This is higher-riding than I like on a "handle-heavy" knife so I am working on something else too. Leather to follow but I am afraid it will not look as nice as yours.
ZZ02SGPSK030608.jpg

Not where I wear a knife but where I can get a picture of me wearing a knife without hurting myself.
ZZ03SGPSK030608.jpg

Here's the "twins." The flat sheath is very "minimalistic" but has holes spaced for a small Tek-Lok for vertical, horizontal and 45 degree mounting. It could be used as a neck sheath but I plan on using it as a "slip" or a pocket sheath (pocket in a bag).
ZZ01SCPSK040608.jpg

Both are OD, .080" Kydex. The "tactical-looking," dull brass rivets look that way because I got tired of them splitting when swaging so I annealed them. When the brass hit the water, the coating blew off.

Thanks, guys.

Brett, if I charged for them, they would cost more than the knives:eek:.
I must have gotten rusty because I put three hours into these. I fuss with them though to make sure they look nice so they are worthy of the knives they hold. Also, I have to try to make up for my inadequacies in working with leather.:eek: Don't be fooled though, I can't just whip these out like some guys - I AM slow.

Rockywolf,
Like IUKE12 said (and Brett probably has as well), you will be pleased. I don't wrap my nkives back up in their original packaging, I "get them dirty" and I am very impressed with the design and the workmanship plus Scott is great to deal with. I am new to this forum myself and he and his "fans" have been great. I have a much larger "Gossman" on order and am sure I will have more after getting a taste of Scott's work with the PSK.

Wow, that's awesome work Jeff. I will definitely get in contact with you in the future when I get a PSK. Is it possible for the sheath to hold a PSK with paracord wrap from hole to hole and a PSK without the wrap? I'll only be able to get one sheath, and I might go with the wrap one day and naked the other.

They look fantastic Jeff. You guys are doing some awesome work. When I first started making the PSK knife, I only sold them blade only. I wanted to see how creative people got with the cord wrap and sheaths they made. Nice work guys.:thumbup:
Scott

...........I wanted to see how creative people got with the cord wrap and sheaths they made........Scott

Thanks, Scott. You created a great opportunity for us with this concept. I love seeing what others are doing with theirs and am looking forward to some cord wrap creativity. I have seen some cool stuff in that department and am just waiting to see someone do something like that. My own cord-wrap, knot-tying skills are meager.

Buffalohump,
It's a great knife and a great idea. The blade is wide enough, thick enough and long enough to get really serious about keeping yourself comfortable, or at least alive, should you unexpectedly need shelter and fire. It's a versatile design and tough. I am keeping one without the wrap for the ultimate compactness so I can have a serious blade in reserve regardless of where I am or what else I may be carrying. They also make a great EDC so you don't have to seal it up in an ammo can while you wait for "doomsday.":eek: You will want to have it out playin' with it. For light to medium everyday chores, no wrap is OK but, if you're in the middle of nowhere and start peeling bark, sharpening standards, making kindling, etc. you can always find something to wrap around the tang. It's a great idea. No bigger than a pocket comb and - I don't need a comb so I already have room for one all the time.:D

Jeff H

Oh, I've been lusting after one for awhile now./ Finally got it together last night and Scott was totally on board to make it happen.

Does yours have the green canvas scales? Decided to go with that for scales myself. :thumbup:

Buffalohump,
It's a great knife and a great idea. The blade is wide enough, thick enough and long enough to get really serious about keeping yourself comfortable, or at least alive, should you unexpectedly need shelter and fire. It's a versatile design and tough. I am keeping one without the wrap for the ultimate compactness so I can have a serious blade in reserve regardless of where I am or what else I may be carrying. They also make a great EDC so you don't have to seal it up in an ammo can while you wait for "doomsday.":eek: You will want to have it out playin' with it. For light to medium everyday chores, no wrap is OK but, if you're in the middle of nowhere and start peeling bark, sharpening standards, making kindling, etc. you can always find something to wrap around the tang. It's a great idea. No bigger than a pocket comb and - I don't need a comb so I already have room for one all the time.:D

Jeff H

......Does yours have the green canvas scales? Decided to go with that for scales myself. :thumbup:

Yes, "GCM." My favorite and usually the easiest to get. It really complements the whole concept of the knife too - I think.

Yes indeed.... next one must have wood though. Really want something with desert ironwood and a PSK Sr would just be ideal for that I think.

Back