Nasty little village utility for $40. Pix.

ff80c06a.jpg.orig.jpg

Here is a nasty little village utility model about 13.5 inches and one pound. The fit is okay and finish is not so bad for a villager. Blade is maybe Rc 57 or 58 and pretty sharp -- tough blade and will be hard to break. But, although this khukuri has a buttcap this is a partial tang model -- typical village effort -- and the handle is bound to fail sooner or later but hopefully later. Some of these partial tangs will stand up to five years of heavy use before they start to loosen up and they are easy to fix with epoxy. If you pin them with 1/8 inch pin the problem is pretty much solved.

Scabbard is okay and this rig came with no frog but I'll dig out an HI superfrog for it. Karda and chakma are useless.

Take this nasty little villager for $40 and I'll pay shipping.

Call or email if interested.

------------------
Blessings from the computer shack in Reno.

Uncle Bill
Himalayan Imports Website
Khukuri FAQ
Himalayan Imports Archives

:
hehehehehe. It wasn't me. I got the bigger one with a partial tang.
smile.gif

------------------
>>>>---¥vsa---->®

"There's no trick in being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you."

...............Will Rogers......

Khukuri FAQ

I'll bet it was John Powell.

This is as much fun as the office pool where you try to guess when the baby will be born.
smile.gif

Hmmm...I wonder, could it be...Naw, not him...! Uncle tell me it ain't so!

Vince

------------------
Stay sharp and be Safe!
------- ---- ---------
That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.
F.W. Nietzche

Who bought the ugly villager? How come it sold and what's the reason for?

Not I, said the co-moderator, punching the keys in the light of the monitor. It's hard to say, it's hard to tell, I thought it was a shame to sell, but it wasn't me whose will power fell. No, you can't blame me at all

Who bought the ugly villager? How come it sold and whats the reason for?

( apologies to the folkwriter who penned the song "Who killed Davy Moore" about a boxer killed in the ring )

But I'm not...!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Stay sharp and be Safe!
------- ---- ---------
F.W. Nietzche

What's he going to do Vince? Hunt you down with that Villager? At least you two will be on relative even ground then.....Both of you will have outstandingly made HI Khuks to trade blows with.
rolleyes.gif

You guys, I'm trying to bring him to terms with HIKV. It will be better for him (and for me!)if he realizes the truth of the situation and admits. It will purge his soul and he will be a better man for this!

Or not!
rolleyes.gif

Vince
biggrin.gif

------------------
Stay sharp and be Safe!
------- ---- ---------
F.W. Nietzche

:
Must be one of those guys with the beeper on thier 'puter.
smile.gif

That which does not kill us only postpones the inevitable.
smile.gif

"Kat."

OK, it was me! It looked so "lonely",no one wanted it,it sat there soooo long!So, out of the "goodness of my heart",i got it!I didn't want Uncle to get nervous about it not going,setting a bad example,so i tried to be a "good guy "& take it.Vince,HIKV had nothing to do with it,i will "admit"to a small meger dose of it,but it's under control.Unlike yours!!hee!Tired of picking on a tired,old man,Vince??jim(Bill,hee,hee)!

Vince, I think it's time to do the intervention.

( ... and,
They're coming to take me away, ha ha,
They're coming to take me away, ho ho, he he,
To the happy home, where life is beautiful all the time, and I'll be glad to see those nice young men in their clean white coats... )

[This message has been edited by Rusty (edited 08-10-2000).]

Back