**New Bushcrafts - (3rd run)

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I've been wanting to branch out with my Bushcraft design...and a few customers came along for the ride.

Hope this tickles your fancy as much as it does mine!

Basically, I opened the radius at the butt of the handle to allow for wider hands and more grips....I enlarged the guard...and moved the grind close to the ricasso. Not big changes...little subtle ones.

Oh yeah, and I am now doing thicker handles and even natural materials. :thumbup: :cool:

Enough chat....have a look at some pics.

How about some Arizona Desert Ironwood to start things off?!?

Bushcraft-1027-06.jpg

:cool: :eek: :cool:

These are amazing...beauty that doesn't have to be compromised.

One reason I didn't want to do natural materials on a Bushcraft was my concern for utility....and folks being afraid to use something that looks so nice. But the nice thing about Ironwood is that you can beat on it just as hard as you can the 3V. It matches it as a premium material. Will never crack....is naturally stable...is heavy/dense...has a nice "glow" to it...and is super tough.

For those of you more tactically minded, here are a few in some nice Green Canvas Micarta:

Bushcraft-1027-07.jpg

I know for a fact this is the best synthetic material out there....not just micarta....but GREEN canvas micarta. It is heavier than the other micartas...it is harder to work...wears out my tools/belts quicker...and laughs at water/heat/abuse. Plus, being canvas micarta, takes a great bead-blasted finish...super grippy!

Thanks for looking!

To those that are waiting for your Bushcraft order to be filled....check the Order Tracker for updates!!

:thumbup:

Dan

Cool........ :thumbup:

I think this is the Generation # 3... Bushcraft handle I have been waithing on. :eek: :eek:

Is one of those mine Dan??? :thumbup: :) ;) :thumbup:

I like the changes. Hopefully I will get over there in the not too distant future and handle some of these. However, Keisha could have the baby at any moment so it will probably be a couple of weeks.

Allen

I'm in for 1 of each ... when are you starting the list for these?

I'm really excited for this next production run. This is one knife that I'm really lusting for. Gotta keep saving the pennies...

I'm going to clear out the other production runs first...and then I'll start in on this one. Hopefully by January...still a ways away.

The scales are around 3/8' or so...

I can measure it when I get back in the shop.

Dan

I love my 1st run bushcraft. I may have to pass it along to one of the sons as I must have one with ironwood.

Yes...these Ironwood Bushcrafts are definitely my favorites so far!

To those that are waiting for your Bushcraft order to be filled....check the Order Tracker for updates!!
:thumbup:
Dan

Hey Dan............ :thumbup:
I did this [#07403] and answered your questions. :thumbup:
I had a couple of my own too........ :D
Check it out when you have time & I am gonna give you the "rare phone call", cause I am only days away from "seasonal address change" and want to get that right as to when it might ship ...... :D
Thank you sir ....... :thumbup: :)

Will this knife fit the Kydex, and JRE leather sheath of the original and Gen2 Bushcraft ??

Just curious... as I have extra's of both. :eek: ;)

Looks great, I'll get in on the next production run of these for sure! I need more knife money, too many items I need to have ya know?

Back