**New Bushcrafts - (3rd run)

Dan, how can I place an order? what are the prices for the different options? Will there be any sheath/firesteel included?

btw, will 154CM spark the firesteel? or does it have to be carbon steel? I'd like to try CPM3V but it's wet and humid here in the tropics and I don't want to have to care for the blade all the time...

btw, will 154CM spark the firesteel? or does it have to be carbon steel? I'd like to try CPM3V but it's wet and humid here in the tropics and I don't want to have to care for the blade all the time...

Stainless should spark fire steel but won't work with a flint.

Would love to handle one of these. Oughta be a sweet blade with some thicker/rounder scales like that. Who's gonna pony up for a passaround? :D

I have a question for the knife gurus out there...

If canvas micarta is a 10 and traditional wood (not ironwood) being a 1, where would linen and paper micarta rate on the toughness scale? Is it 10...9.5...9 or more like 10...7...4?

Very nice indeed. Nice little tweaks on the original, almost makes the Bushy into a safe queen. I do say almost, mine still lives in the woods where it thrives.

African Blackwood, Osage Orange, and Bocote are also very tough stuff. These four (to add Desert Ironwood) are my favorite woods for knife handles.

I use my 3V knife on firesteel all the time. I have taken some time to make the spine of the knife very perpendicular for scraping. It makes HUGE showers of sparks with a Light My Fire firsteel (that fits perfectly in the sheath BTW).

I am SO VERY PSYCHED for these changes. I own a second generation (if we are going to call it that) and I love it - the three changes I see Dan making are EXACTLY what I wanted from the knife. I am SO VERY EXCITED to get an order in.

Dan - I dropped you an e-mail and have my deposit for one of these ready to go!

NICE!

TF

Dan, the knives in this thread are the third one from the top in the drawing below ? Correct ??? :thumbup: ;)

bushcraft0820b.gif

(drawing is to scale proportionally)
[Bottom knife is BushMaster.......]

The Desert Ironwood handles are amazingly beautiful. What are the prices and when can I place an order for one with the Desert Ironwood handles and one with the Green Canvas Micarta handles ?

Not taking orders on these yet, guys. I need to fill existing orders first. As soon as I get caught up....I'll get on top of these.

I am also waiting for the "New/Improved" Order Tracker...;)

When it's up and running...will make life a lot easier for me...and you guys too.

Doing production runs will be a breeze! (well...the order-tracking will be a breeze...:p)

Dan

Wow....thanks for reminding me. I just kinda answered teacher's question without thinking about it.

Yes, it is the 2nd one down...but the guard is a tad bigger than that one.

The third design in that pic is "yet to be made".

sorry about any confusion, guys! :(

Dan

now quit asking me about it...!!!

:mad:

:foot:

;)

Dan

:D

p.s. seriously guys....do a search first, then ask. I'm gonna go nuts. :foot:

thanks for straightening me out, hillst1. :thumbup:

PLEASE NOTE :
Before reading the following factual post please be aware that it is long and boring, it will probably make you :yawn: or worse. :eek:
But it is what it is and I wrote it because I am completely confused and hope to get some closure...........
:D

So consider yourself informed if you choose to read on....

I see the thread below back on 27 October......
i've Been Wanting To Branch Out With My Bushcraft Design...and A Few Customers Came Along For The Ride.

Basically, I Opened The Radius At The Butt Of The Handle To Allow For Wider Hands And More Grips....i Enlarged The Guard...and Moved The Grind Close To The Ricasso. Not Big Changes...little Subtle Ones.

To Those That Are Waiting For Your Bushcraft Order To Be Filled....check The Order Tracker For Updates!!

Dan

I ask the question below on 27 October........

cool........

i Think This Is The Generation # 3... Bushcraft Handle I Have Been Waithing On.

is One Of Those Mine Dan???

I get this reply on 27 October.............
indeed!

Dan

I make this reply on 28 October............
sweet ! ! ! ...................

So, this was it .........the awaited Generation 3# handle....

And then yesterday[12 November], I happen to find and read this very short thread dated 1 November...........
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=594254

Dan,
Are the Bushcrafters from the third run (Ironwood and GCM) the newest design from this thread?
Bottom knife in photo. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576436&page=3
What is the blade length?

nope....the are the 2nd drawing. specs are the same (4" blade, 4.5" handle)

Dan

Which prompted me to ask this yesterday, 12 November....

dan, The Knives In This Thread Are The Third One From The Top In The Drawing Below ? Correct ???

bushcraft0820b.gif

(drawing Is To Scale Proportionally)
[bottom Knife Is bushmaster.......]

To which I received the following reply yesterday, 12 November..........

Teacher - Yes, That's Right.
Dan

And I asnswered............
thank'x For The Verification Dan............

I am told again this is the generation 3# handle. Which is great........... cause it is what I want cause I have Gen 1 & Gen 2 handles already.

Then today I read this.................
dan, In Another Thread You Said These Bushcrafts Were The Second Photo Down. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=594254 Which One Is Correct? Thanks

wow....thanks For Reminding Me. I Just Kinda Answered Teacher's Question Without Thinking About It.

Yes, It Is The 2nd One Down...but The Guard Is A Tad Bigger Than That One.
The Third Design In That Pic Is "yet To Be Made".
Sorry About Any Confusion, Guys! :(
Dan

So now we are back to.... NO it is not a Generation 3 Handle........

And then this............

now Quit Asking Me About It...!!!
:mad:
:foot:
;)
Dan
:d

P.s. Seriously Guys....do A Search First, Then Ask. I'm Gonna Go Nuts. :foot:

Thanks For Straightening Me Out, Hillst1. :thumbup:

So yeah, I'll quit asking for sure ........

BUT, I did a search and then asked my what was to be my one and only question back on 27 October..... over two weeks ago.......... and thought I had my answer.

Only to find out today I do not...........

So, yes sir ree......... I am confused also....... and not ashamed to admit it.

In fact............ here is a portion of the Order Tracker stuff...........
As per our phone conversation this morning........

Please change this order to the knife mentioned in this thread... [Next Production Run of the Bushcraft - suggestions?] ........ [link to it]---- http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576436

This is the one you have not made yet that will have the Version # 3 handle. The one mentioned in the thread.

Thank you sir & I realize this will be done when you have time to do it.... whenever that is...
Chuck P.

On October 27, 2008 said:
Knife is done. Am I doing a kydex sheath on this one? Kinda confusing..since there's been so many changes.
Let me know...it's not a problem.
Thanks!
Dan

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
End of ORDER TRACKER quote.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And yes it has been confusing.... for you Dan, but rest assured for me also.

All this would most likely have been better said in a PM or email........ but at least posting it here I know you will see it.

I'll just leave it at that...................

PS/Which handle does the completed knife have on it? Which is all I really wanted to know in the first place. Same as when I asked way back up in post #2....

Last edited:
All this would most likely have been better said in a PM or email........

That says it all!!

Last edited:
Back