New Design - Fishing knife - needs a name - CONTEST!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bucktail: A streamer fly tied to imitate a fish. This fly usually features a long segment of hair, layed back from the eye to the bend of the hook. That hair often is from a deer's tail.

The MayFly.

The Dolly Varden.

Ps. I love the design by the way Dan and think you have got it bang on first time, can't wait to see it with the orange slabs !!!!

Last edited:
How about the Koster Poseidon?:cool:
Koster Osprey?
Koster Katfish?
Koster Pickerel?
Koster Gar?
Koster Lamprey?
Koster Sea Cucumber?
Koster Anchovy?;)

That reminds me of a stingray spine so...

Stingray
K-ray

Nice looking knife, Dan.

Very clean lines.
Koster CleanFish, (KCF)?
(Koster FishCleaner = KFC, Not.)

Dan,

Nice design, I will put my fly fishing hat on and give the name a thought. In the meantime, based on your logo you put out recently, Shark Tooth or K-Tooth for short came to mind.

Edit: Some good general fly fishing themes suggested already (e.g., Angler and Streamer)

Chinook or ChinooK for the King Salmon
Coho or Koho for the Silver Salmon
Steelhead
K-Barb
Double Haul (for the intended double duty)
K-aster

Cutbow
K-Bow

P.S. Alot of suggestions already - everyone wants a free knife :)
Cheers,

Dan

Last edited:
Iliamna
Name of a mythical blackfish supposed to inhabit Lake Iliamna, it was believed go bit holes in the bidarkas (skin kayaks).
Frank

Some great names being suggested, I know if one of mine get's picked I'll have to send the knife to this guy for a proper evaluation, this is my father-in-law and one of the best fly fishermen I've seen !

STA70121-1.jpg

What a striking design! I want one too:)

Names:
Strike (with your stylized 'k')
Yellowfin (assumming you keep the handle color)
Mosquito (spanish for "little fly")
"Mosquito coast" popped into mind.

Very nice design, Dan.

Very cool Dan - Weird :) I have a fishing knife very similar I have heat threated in D2 and waiting on my to get back to work on :) Been there for a friggin' year so I guess I need to get off my butt and finish it. Looking forward to yours being done :)

Dan,

What about the following names to consider:

"Steel-Head" which is an extremely large agressive salmon that usually run in northern fresh water rivers. My daughter came up with this name. She worked at a fly fishing shop for several years and is an extremely avid trout angler.

"Bimini" (If you know anything about tying fishing knots the "Bimini Twist" is one of the strongest salt water knots used by fisherman.

"Royal Wolf", a commonly used dry fly.

"The Incisor" means to cut.

"BoneFish", an extremely agressive salt water fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back