NEW MEMBER THREAD! If you're new to the forum post it here.

Hey guys I new here, Just joined yesterday. I live in Illinois and have been collecting knives for about a year and a half. Recently I have started trying to make my own, nowhere near as nice as some of you guys but I enjoy trying to make something for myself. Currently my favorite knife is the Spyderco para 3.
Welcome. New here myself as you can tell from my post just above yours. Seems
to be a pretty quiet forum as far as I've seen so far. Anyway, glad you joined.
Dano

Welcome. New here myself as you can tell from my post just above yours. Seems
to be a pretty quiet forum as far as I've seen so far. Anyway, glad you joined.
Dano

Not bad for a Sunday at 7 PM PDT BF has a lot of subforums where various subsets of members spend most of their time.
1687745361461.png

Hello all, I was a member here several years ago but have not been here for quite some time. I used to go by IanC but for some reason I cannot log into that that account anymore. So here we go again starting from scratch. Lets see here I am a 43 year old Canadian man with a family and generally EDC a Spyderco Police or a Byrd Cara Cara 2 in stainless. I am the guy everyone asks to use a knife at work and feel a little odd when I do not have one in my pocket. I have started to slim down my collection in recent years to what I am actually going to use which seems like I use a lot...lol. Well that's about it, looking forward to taking part in the forum again. BTW Hey Stabman!

I hope this is where to post. I’ve read through a few threads on the site through the years. But that’s more looking into a knife/toppic.

Anyway. New here. Out of North Texas. Been around knives all my life. From folders in scouts growing up, cheap ass flippers cause I was “cool”, nice expensive pieces cause i could, tactical knives in the Navy, now found most my love in older slip joint and lock backs.

But I am a somewhat new collector. I’ll post most of my collection. (There are a hand full of others that get left out for various reason.) but these are more the “vault” ones if you will. Ones that get cleaned and loved. But not much use.

Thank you! I hope to learn more and continue to grow my collection.

Edit: can’t seem to figure out how to add photos from my phone. Seems to just want a web address

now found most my love in older slip joint and lock backs.

Edit: can’t seem to figure out how to add photos from my phone. Seems to just want a web address
Make sure to check out the Traditional Forum. The folks there are very friendly.

As a registered user, you can post pictures using a picture hosting site. Once you have uploaded a picture to the hosting site, copy the web address of the picture. Note: picture web addresses must end in .jpg or .gif

Then go to your post and click the image tool on the toolbar next to the smiley tool. Click the link icon in the popup. (Looks like a chain.) Paste the picture address into the window. Then click the INSERT button.

Make sure to check out the Traditional Forum. The folks there are very friendly.

As a registered user, you can post pictures using a picture hosting site. Once you have uploaded a picture to the hosting site, copy the web address of the picture. Note: picture web addresses must end in .jpg or .gif

Then go to your post and click the image tool on the toolbar next to the smiley tool. Click the link icon in the popup. (Looks like a chain.) Paste the picture address into the window. Then click the INSERT button.
That’s crazy I can’t post directly. What hosting site do most of y’all use

Hello,
I just registered and am following the directions to post here first. I have a few knives I've collected over the years, but nothing particularly special. I joined to see if I could find some info on a Japanese OMOR knife I found in a toolbox I inherited. Also plan to check out some of the pages about homemade knives, making handles, and more.
Here is the link to photos of the knife:
LINKOID

Last edited:
Hello I enjoy forging meteorites/star iron,space rocks.
an expensive hobby I know,right.
not doing too bad though considering I've been able to make profit on what sells.
I enjoy history and learning about old time things.
I enjoy pushing myself in knife making and always looking to pick up new ways to improve my craft.

I am illiterate at times so forgive any misspellingssss.

Hello I enjoy forging meteorites/star iron,space rocks.
an expensive hobby I know,right.
not doing too bad though considering I've been able to make profit on what sells.
I enjoy history and learning about old time things.
I enjoy pushing myself in knife making and always looking to pick up new ways to improve my craft.

I am illiterate at times so forgive any misspellingssss.
Welcome! Be sure to check out the knife maker shop talk forum.

Hello everyone my name is R Lee Cloer.

Thank you for accepting me on blade forums.

I am a small time blacksmith. Still learning and could use some advice from the pros !

Thank you all once again for having me.
Welcome to Bladeforums. Prepare to open your mind and empty your wallet!

Back