New Old Wheels for Bawanna

First thing I noticed. You can't even scratch your nose without stopping or going in circles.

It's kind of a chore just to get on the thing but I'm working on some ideas on that. I have one little slope that I left just cause I was a yellow scared worthless fraidy cat but I'll man up and try it next time. It's not that big a deal.

Funny it has like little storage bins and my big coffee cup even fits in the holder. I think with some practice a guy can hold both bars pretty steady with one hand. I'll get back to drinking and driving one of these days.

Pretty slick machinery. But your old power chair looks sad over there in the corner. You ought to get rid of the electric motor and replace it with a big gas motorcycle engine - then you could take it to the drag strip! (but you'd need to add wheelie bars)

Pretty slick machinery. But your old power chair looks sad over there in the corner. You ought to get rid of the electric motor and replace it with a big gas motorcycle engine - then you could take it to the drag strip! (but you'd need to add wheelie bars)

Like this?

MO9_530.JPG

http://articles.superhunky.com/4/256

First thing I noticed. You can't even scratch your nose without stopping or going in circles.

It's kind of a chore just to get on the thing but I'm working on some ideas on that. I have one little slope that I left just cause I was a yellow scared worthless fraidy cat but I'll man up and try it next time. It's not that big a deal.

Funny it has like little storage bins and my big coffee cup even fits in the holder. I think with some practice a guy can hold both bars pretty steady with one hand. I'll get back to drinking and driving one of these days.

Yup. One handed operation is possible, if not recommended. Just be going in a straight line when you do it!

They are harder to get on and off. When I had my hip replaced I really noticed that for the first summer.

I'm pondering a rope and tackle set up. Just wrap the rope around my neck, pull myself over and drop into the seat.

I'll try to focus on doing it quickly before I blink out.

Might put a little deck on the floor board to make it easier getting my backside at floor level to seat level.
Getting off is easy, gravity is your friend, the seat flips forward and dumps ya like a wheel barrow. Landings a bit hard on the coccyx but pain reminds you your alive.???

Well it's so gosh durned quiet around here I figure I might as well update on ole yeller.
The first mow week ago Sunday was a learning curve, I got the hang of it pretty quick but had one small little slope out front I just couldn't put my big boy pants on good enough to mow. OK I'll admit it, I was afraid! Yeah I know hard to believe.

So this last Saturday (second mow) in preparation for the annual Easter egg hunt at bawanna's house we tried again. I told myself I'm not getting off this thing until I mow that hill. Can't be that tough. I mowed the whole yard twice building up my nerve and then felt that if I crashed and burned at least the yard looked good for the wake and planning session for the wife to do her grieving in the Bahama's.

I don't mean to toot my own horn but I took on the hill and a second hill that's worse and I won. In my own personal completely biased opinion I think I looked like a pro.

Scary fast, I think I mowed twice in the time it used to take doing it once. Almost want to go mow the neighbors yard it's so much fun. In fact I did mow the part of the neighbors yard that ain't been mowed for quite a spell.

Ok, that's all I got. I'd like to see a little more action around here, anything to help keep me awake in the afternoons ya know?

They are much faster. It used to take me almost 4 hours to mow my lawn now I can do it it about 2 hours. Only thing I'd like to have a garden tractor so I could have a tow behind brush hog for my fence line, but its not worth the extra cost (I can probably have somebody do it once a year for a couple hundred dollars instead of buying a whole new tractor).

Luckily I don't have to deal with hills. Did you go straight up and down? I've never really studied how to deal with hills but I know just mowing the ditch that they don't track well on a sidehill at all.

It's just a very short hill. Maybe 15 ft at best. It's on a corner so it slopes both ways. I take it straight up and down as best I can. My main concern was sliding forward on the seat going down or lifting the front end going up.
I'm surprised they don't have seat belts. For me that would help. My tractor I had the wheel and I could grab a fender on a side hill etc, with this it's all on me to stay on the seat without relying on those drive bars. Probably good for building up my abs?

I'm liking it. It'll do just fine.

I never thought about the steering wheel issue. I can see that being a problem because if you have to "grab" the drive bars that could set you off in a totally unwanted direction or speed.

Exactomundo! Things happen when you grab them drive bars. Not always what you want if you don't have your mind right neither.
I think I'm doing very well with it. It's getting more and more natural. Getting easier to get on and off too. Learn new strategy every time. Guess it's one of them thar learning curves.

You just need to add a nice Recaro racing seat with big side bolsters & a 5-point racing harness - then you wouldn't need to worry about sliding around. But getting in & out would be even harder...

Might as well add a roll cage and nitrous while we're working on it. Good idea I think.

Back