New/Recent Hinderer Scores Thread...a place to share and comment.

Damn it Shane you got number 07! In all seriousness, congrats brother. That is one fantastic knife. A true grail for all.

Shane, I'd say you're alive!! You're jumping around like a little school girl man!!! Haha!

That is a real beauty!!! Congrats bro!!!!

Thanks fellas! All is great, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be..

So, I've had this thing in hand for a few hours now, swapped out some pieces/parts, flipped it a couple few hundred times (give or take)…

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm by nature skeptical/cynical and I don't take much on faith - preferring evidence and proof. That said, it's taken me a bit to warm up to the Eklipse, after all how could anything be equal to or - unthinkably - better than an XM-18?

My wife is constantly rolling her eyes when I, slowly, come to the same conclusions that she typically arrives at well ahead of me. I feel similar in regard to this knife. Fit & finish are RHK standard - excellent. The thing that strikes me the most are the ergos, this thing melts into my hand as though it were custom fit to me specifically. You would think by now I'd just take it on faith that anything that comes out of the Ranch is gonna be a home run! Oh well, my wife is still waiting for the day I take her word for something without having to validate it myself….:eek:

I am once again a believer!

Shane......congratulations !!!!
That is a gorgeous knife and a serious piece of RHK history, in addition to everything else......
There will never be another Eklipse quite like that one.....
May you enjoy it always.......

^you guys scoring most of the original twelve - that somehow reminds me of battle star galactica with the 12 original models :D

Bam. Love this new one. Late gen 3, slicer, blue anodized-beadblasted frame with textured Ti scale on the front. Don't know if I've seen a beadblasted anodized textured Ti scale before, but could be wrong.

Without further to do, My new best friend...

With his "twin" 3.5" BB all-Ti slicer:

Last edited:
Kevin........WOW.......MAGNIFICENT.......that is definitely a wildly gorgeous XM........one to be proud of and one to definitely keep !!!
The color is stunning.......the matching scale and lockside are insanely good looking.......and I think you are right.......
That is definitely a show knife......as far as I'm aware RHK has never sold a blue beadblasted textured ti scale......
Congratulations.......awesome score, Kevin !!!!! :D

^^^^^^ Best looking windowsill I've seen since Rob O. posted the Blade Show Progress Pics........

Looks great Meluck !!!!

Thanks ross! I appreciate it. It truly is a beautiful piece. Lots of good characteristics on this one. For instance...I've never see a bead blasted thumbstud before. Not anodized, but blasted. Looks pretty neat!

Meluck, awesome frags man. Lots of cool new stuff coming out! I do love that new sand color. I'd love to grab a regular textured sand scale sometime. Reminds me of the "tan" 3" scale. Now that is a beauty!

Amazing score Kevin! What an awesome xm. :) I'm glad one of the regulars picked that one up. Looks great next to its brother.

Thanks Jensen! I appreciate it. It really is awesome. My first textured Ti scale too, and I already want another! Ha.

Kevin gorgeous Xm!!!!! Meluck, those Frags are sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got some sweet stuff in the mail. Frags scales, 3 inch sterile non-flipper, and 3 inch blue/black scale. Thanks for the 3" scale Ross!!!!! Forgot to bring my armors tool to work to change out the 3" scale. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back