New Stuff From Ka-Bar

Ethan Becker

This is a shot of two new bushcrafters from Ka-Bar they are replicas of the Venerable USN MK 1 made by a slew of companies during WWII......I do not have a KaBar MK I so this is a no namer original for comparison.

BKandT

IMG_0223.jpg

John is trying to teach the old fat guy to post pix so pleas have patience....

I will be posting a bunch of pixs from Moose's field trip to BK&T's International HQ (ie. my shop) on saturday......

All Best....

ethan

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice straightforward knife, good overall shape. I assume these are 9-10" overall...

I know Camillus made these - possibly Boker as well...

Nice! Loving the look of that full flat grind. I know what I'm looking forward to now! The only dilemma is leather or black handle...

don't forget, you can edit your post over and over until you get what you want. right of passage :)

those knives are looking good!

also, when you see a post that's right, editing will show you magical stuff the forum does on your behalf... i believe with your mod powers, you could edit a likely looking post, and study it... see the tags you want, take notes, there will be a test.

The classics always look good. I can see picking up one of those with the leather.

Good basic knife:
tested in real life.
Valued in peacetime and in strife.

I just lost the last post....Crap......I will be back later.....

Gotta get groceries.......I will call you (Bladite) when I get cell......

All Best....

ethan

Ohhh Pretty! I really like the look of those. Kept thinking of buying an old one off ebay, but now I'm looking forward to this new one.

One more time...

IMG_0223.jpg

You nailed it, Ethan.
Can't wait to see the Ethan & Moose safari.

Those are some nice knives.
I don't have a Ka-Bar MK model either, though I have the Camillus replica of that knife.
Those look shorter and more utilitarian though.

I like that one with the Black handle, alot, very utilitarian, that's the kind of simple, effective design that wards off carrying a big chopper in favor of a hatchet.

I'm liking these alot. Talk about feeling good in the hand. Love the stacked leather, and the Kraton, but if I had to hedge the bet for a better crafter, it would be the leather. Kraton would make a better hunter sideblade than the leather would, IMO. They both swell closer to the blade, and in my hand, feel almost like they are going to be too big, but that's just a feeling, they actually fit real good.

Made in Oleans NY, American steel, baby. American company. These were made by the request of a dealer, and can be found there, when the time is right. Should be soon, as these were full production knives, not protos, so, if you want, you must hunt. Or until Ethan, and Kabar says I can tell ya, LOL.

Great utility, great value, and great design. You should be anxious to get one of these dudes, they will be a good one to have, for the camper, hunter, and busher.

Moose

Now *those* look great! Good to see KaBar isn't putting all of it's new eggs in the zombie basket. :D

---

Beckerhead #42

Back