not getting my hopes up but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
regardless of whats been going on behind the scenes this thing is late, and if its not just the box holding the delivery up, then i think we all have a lot more to be worried about, because that must mean its a quality control issue on the knife itself. If Lyon has taken on way more business than they can handle, that worries me even more, because things are probably getting overlooked. If they cant regulate how many orders they are promising to multiple customers and their delivery dates, how can you confidently say they have the ability to deliver a quality product. Staying in business is about keeping your customer base happy, i think this whole thing has soured a lot of people on Lyon regardless of their knife making history and one negative customer negates 100 positive ones.. at least we know the "first class" skull tool can be used to open a beer bottle.

RYP NOTE: Nuther troll. Anyone notice the timing on all this stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:
not much, just the delivery date, and the wrong packaging and other "behind the scene issues"..but hey those are small things right? ;)

Dude, relax already! The LE's are now in the hands of the DPx folks and the production versions will be here shortly. Everything is gonna be okay!!:thumbup:

The only reason it's not here is not because of the box you world class business guru!!! If you could read at all and followed any of this there has been a hell of a lot more going on behind the scenes. If it was just the box, things would be different! Don't make stupid ass uninformed statements without knowing a the true facts! Lyon Steel has taken on far more business than they've been able to keep up with also, which has nothing to do with Pelton and his company. He's wanted to make sure that the knives you get are first class and worth every penny also. Why don't you go back over the the ESEE forum and not read the post again like last night, then reply with your RAT Pack number so you try to win another no existent contest!

You sound like a first class marine, something that you claim to be yet create threads and bitch about the people demanding to know what's going on.

Here's what I've read so far:
1. RYP is adding "goodies" to the package.
2. RYP is taking 2 months to fix a box.

Please enlighten me.

Secondly, if we just had the freakin' knife it would be worth every penny. I don't care about a box or anything else that comes with it. This viewpoint is shared by MANY of the people who I've spoken to about the HEST/F. It's not like their product is crap and they are taking two months to fix it. We already know the product (knife) is good because it's Lion Steel. Instead, they are taking two months to make changes that don't affect the product at all.

Thirdly, maybe you should go back to that thread in which I replied and clearly explained what happened. You might also note that the guy who created the thread acknowledged my mistake and said that he realizes why I might have thought what I did.

Fourthly, you quoted someone in this very thread but in your reply, were completely incorrect in determining what that poster was referring to.

I'm not the one who needs to start "reading posts".

regardless of whats been going on behind the scenes this thing is late, and if its not just the box holding the delivery up, then i think we all have a lot more to be worried about, because that must mean its a quality control issue on the knife itself. If Lyon has taken on way more business than they can handle, that worries me even more, because things are probably getting overlooked. If they cant regulate how many orders they are promising to multiple customers and their delivery dates, how can you confidently say they have the ability to deliver a quality product. Staying in business is about keeping your customer base happy, i think this whole thing has soured a lot of people on Lyon regardless of their knife making history and one negative customer negates 100 positive ones.. at least we know the "first class" skull tool can be used to open a beer bottle.

Reflexred: You are reading my mind when it comes to what you've posted in this thread. :thumbup:

Someone(I don't remember) said one time you can have it fast, cheap, and good quality. Pick two. You can't have all three.

Excellent Post Reflexred:thumbup:

We still don't have any news on what is going on with the Production models other than "The Production models are next"

not much, just the delivery date, and the wrong packaging and other "behind the scene issues"..but hey those are small things right? ;)

If the knife is 100% then all is good. I'm sure it will be closer to 110. I don't expect anything until I see it in my hands.

If your wife were pregnant and past her due date I'm certain you would not bash her, knowing it's beyond her control? Did you really expect RYP to swim to Italy and bring back pieces and assemble on his living room floor?

I'm glad they are almost here even if it may be a week or two, or ten. I have a job, friends & family. Plus hobbies other than:jerkit: on my hest/f.

Look, I realize that no words I write in this forum are going to make the knifes get here any faster. I do however think it's important to bring to light serious manufacturing problems we have all been witness to in the past few months. I believe that DPX should seriously re-evaluate whether or not they should continue doing business with a company that can't deliver quality products in a timely manner.*

DPX has a reputation of making products that are supposed to be reliable in the toughest conditions, and selling tools to men who live in those conditions day in and day out. I would just like to think that the company (lion), chosen to manufacture the tools that we all rely on, runs their business in a reliable *manner. How can I, the customer, have faith in a knife that has to perform when it counts, when the person making it has proven time and time again they cannot perform under the same pressure. Deadlines are a part of business and if you can't meet your deadlines then I suggest you consider another line of work. The origin of the word deadline refers to the line around a prison, if crossed, the prisoner should expect to be shot and killed. Unfortunately when deadlines are missed in business we can't carry out the same sentence. For me this will be the last product I purchase that lion is behind, you may say "good riddance" but believe me when I say I will let every person I talk to know what a horrible purchasing experience this has been. The power of "word of mouth" is highly underestimated.

Adios mofos!

I dont exactly know how to deal with trolls who seem to magically appear about the exact time things get heated up at another forum. This time I have added responses directly to the troll but honestly its easier to delete this stuff. All I can say is this. DPx Gear ONLY Uses short run high quality vendors. Turning down business is a GOOD thing, taking your time is a GOOD thing. Slagging off someone with made up bullshit is just gay. There is no other word for it.

I am going to go over to Italy and take pictures of the Lion Steel "factory" and hopefully you will understand that this is not China where they are set up for high speed output and not one person actually gives a crap about how a knife feels, looks or handles.

But for the record the knives physically landed in my lap today. Thats exactly 30 days after the original due date. Those who have been following this forum know that there wasn't even a company called DPx Gear 60 days ago.

Gianna Pauletta has been working with us every step of the way, sending photos, updates and balancing that very fine line between just getting something out of the shop vs getting something out you (the owner) will be thrilled to own. In EVERY CASE I will come down on the side of quality and satisfaction over just filling orders. The recent decision made by Gianni is completely in line with my expectations. Yes he is busy. Yes he makes a damn fine product but not at the expense of quality. That's all I can really say other than than those of you who want to jump because you think you have waited too long...there is NO, repeat NO questions asked refund policy. We only want happy customers.

As for Lion Steel. We don't own their company, we don't dictate who they do business with but they have been around a lot longer than most companies on this forum and maybe some of us should pay attention to their position on quantity vs quality. Nuff said.

Look, I realize that no words I write in this forum are going to make the knifes get here any faster. I do however think it's important to bring to light serious manufacturing problems we have all been witness to in the past few months. I believe that DPX should seriously re-evaluate whether or not they should continue doing business with a company that can't deliver quality products in ao timely manner.*

DPX has a reputation of making products that are supposed to be reliable in the toughest conditions, and selling tools to men who live in those conditions day in and day out. I would just like to think that the company (lion), chosen to manufacture the tools that we all rely on, runs their business in a reliable *manner. How can I, the customer, have faith in a knife that has to perform when it counts, when the person making it has proven time and time again they cannot perform under the same pressure. Deadlines are a part of business and if you can't meet your deadlines then I suggest you consider another line of work. The origin of the word deadline refers to the line around a prison, if crossed, the prisoner should expect to be shot and killed. Unfortunately when deadlines are missed in business we can't carry out the same sentence. For me this will be the last product I purchase that lion is behind, you may say "good riddance" but believe me when I say I will let every person I talk to know what a horrible purchasing experience this has been. The power of "word of mouth" is highly underestimated.

Adios mofos!

We really should have an age requirement before allowing someone to post.

Seriously, 13 is just too young. . . .

I dont exactly know how to deal with trolls who seem to magically appear about the exact time things get heated up at another forum. This time I have added responses directly to the troll but honestly its easier to delete this stuff. All I can say is this. DPx Gear ONLY Uses short run high quality vendors. Turning down business is a GOOD thing, taking your time is a GOOD thing. Slagging off someone with made up bullshit is just gay. There is no other word for it.

I am going to go over to Italy and take pictures of the Lion Steel "factory" and hopefully you will understand that this is not China where they are set up for high speed output and not one person actually gives a crap about how a knife feels, looks or handles.

But for the record the knives physically landed in my lap today. Thats exactly 30 days after the original due date. Those who have been following this forum know that there wasn't even a company called DPx Gear 60 days ago.

Gianna Pauletta has been working with us every step of the way, sending photos, updates and balancing that very fine line between just getting something out of the shop vs getting something out you (the owner) will be thrilled to own. In EVERY CASE I will come down on the side of quality and satisfaction over just filling orders. The recent decision made by Gianni is completely in line with my expectations. Yes he is busy. Yes he makes a damn fine product but not at the expense of quality. That's all I can really say other than than those of you who want to jump because you think you have waited too long...there is NO, repeat NO questions asked refund policy. We only want happy customers.

As for Lion Steel. We don't own their company, we don't dictate who they do business with but they have been around a lot longer than most companies on this forum and maybe some of us should pay attention to their position on quantity vs quality. Nuff said.

Honestly RYP, Why even bother posting a response to an obvious troll? Zap this ass clown and be done with it. Lionsteel's involvement is one of the reasons I am so looking forward to this knife.

Awesome news on the LE's by the way. Thank you.

BP Green

lets just say that the constant barking from ReflexRed is the same sound that dog that never gets adopted at the pound makes.

LionSteel has nailed that feel you get when you slide into a Bentley or Ferrari. Its pretty damn cool.

that we need to change the color scheme on BF to many shades of pink, mauve, and magenta.

All of you complainers are showing that you have no idea what goes into anything handmade, custom, or low production. This may be the most expensive thing you ever purchased?

If you didn't have the disposable income; you shouldn't have bought it
If you couldn't wait; you shouldn't of bought it
If you were nervous about a newish company; you shouldn't have bought it

I make and collect knives, sometimes things are on time other times early and every once in a while late. Stuff happens.

Get over it!!!

P.S. I doubt very much that these same complainers would do this to a makers face; you all seem like internet tough guys. Probably a bunch of guys that have their significant others peeing in their Wheaties over $250.

2nd P.S RYP if you take either of my LEs out of the box I want to immediatley be reimbursed for the depreciation.:D

"snip"

RYP NOTE:.... Based on this and other comments I assume ReflexRed is a troll.

Free member, less than two months on the forum, 26 total posts, all of them in this forum, nothing possitive added anywhere, lots of negativity, lots of sarcasm...

I'd say you're probably right RYP, sounds like a troll to me.

RYP,

By the way, make sure that bottle cap opener works on #181.

That will be its primary duty. . . . :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back